RANT - about anything II

Status
Not open for further replies.
HCGLNS said:
stienman said:
Although I must agree that some cyclists are terminally stupid,
Rant: 30 cyclists riding 4 abreast on a 2 lane highway!
The only problem is if they're going slower than the speed limit, and aren't following the rules for slow drivers (ie, pull over and let others pass once a certain number of cars are following).

-Adam

S

Silvanesti

Facts About Sea Kittens - PETA.org - Did You Know Sea Kittens Are As Smart As Dogs & Cats? Learn More!

this ad was on my gmail page and made me rage for a good whole minute. :explode:

Silvanesti said:
Facts About Sea Kittens - PETA.org - Did You Know Sea Kittens Are As Smart As Dogs & Cats? Learn More!

this ad was on my gmail page and made me rage for a good whole minute. :explode:
Man, no they ain't.

Silvanesti said:
Facts About Sea Kittens - PETA.org - Did You Know Sea Kittens Are As Delicious As Dogs & Cats?
Someone really needs to find out how to get this in there instead.

I honestly looked at that headline for like 2 whole minutes before I remembered what the hell sea-kitten was supposed to mean...

Cajungal

Staff member
I hate my age... not because I have delusions about being old at 24, but because it's really hard to find good clothes... I feel like I'm in the middle of everything. I walk into stores feeling like I'm either too old for them or too young for them.

Every pair of shorts I try on is either frumpy and ugly or pre-destroyed. OR they're so small they could pass for underwear. What the hell? Who decided that people enjoyed having their clothes torn up before they're charged upwards of 35-50$ for them? *grumble grumble*

Cajungal said:
I hate my age... not because I have delusions about being old at 24, but because it's really hard to find good clothes... I feel like I'm in the middle of everything. I walk into stores feeling like I'm either too old for them or too young for them.

Every pair of shorts I try on is either frumpy and ugly or pre-destroyed. OR they're so small they could pass for underwear. What the hell? Who decided that people enjoyed having their clothes torn up before they're charged upwards of 35-50$ for them? *grumble grumble*
I have a similar problem. Add in the fact tat I have extreme guilt about spending money on myself, and you can pretty much explain my diminutive wardrobe.

Cajungal

Staff member
Gusto said:
Cajungal said:

I have a similar problem. Add in the fact tat I have extreme guilt about spending money on myself, and you can pretty much explain my diminutive wardrobe.
Hah, same here! I have a pair of crop pants that I've owned since I was 16 because they're not yet completely destroyed. Actually, they're in excellent shape. I've had taken them in and out and in again, replaced a button, and done other things to keep them looking good. I know I could never find another pair just like them. Never fails, they finally get around to making something that looks good, and then it vanishes after 6 months!

Cajungal said:
Gusto said:
Cajungal said:

Hah, same here! I have a pair of crop pants that I've owned since I was 16 because they're not yet completely destroyed. Actually, they're in excellent shape. I've had taken them in and out and in again, replaced a button, and done other things to keep them looking good. I know I could never find another pair just like them. Never fails, they finally get around to making something that looks good, and then it vanishes after 6 months!
WE ARE NOT SO DIFFERENT YOU AND I

Cajungal said:
Never fails, they finally get around to making something that looks good, and then it vanishes after 6 months!
This is why I usually buy at least two of anything I like that fits, isn't too expensive, and preferably comes in different colors.

That said, I haven't been clothes shopping other than for special occasions in years.

Yeah I buy a new dress shirt every year, and I got myself a red hoodie recently, but I haven't bought anything besides that since like '07. Thank god for relatives always getting me clothes for Christmas and whatnot. I'm pretty easy to please when it's not my money we're talking about. :D

W

Wasabi Poptart

Cajungal said:
I hear ya. I'm older than you, but I swear the clothes are either designed for teens or a grandmother and not much in between.

I have to completely redo my wardrobe now that I have to wear a suit every day. I only have 1. It's black so I use it for job interviews, DJ gigs, weddings and funerals.

But I only have 4 or 5 dress shirts and they are starting to tatter. So now I have to spend money on clothes. Maybe they'll let me show up naked. It IS a college.

I was really pleased that I was able to teach in jeans and a T-shirt. (Clean and nice, of course.) Me in a suit, pumps, etc...forget it.

W

Wasabi Poptart

My son just told me that the Juski cartoon in Edrondol's signature looks like me. I don't know if I should laugh or lock myself in my bedroom for the rest of my life.

WildSoul said:
My son just told me that the Juski cartoon in Edrondol's signature looks like me. I don't know if I should laugh or lock myself in my bedroom for the rest of my life.
:rofl:

I'm sorry, that's awful, but I :rofl:

Aw shit, there I go again.

Lock the KID in his bedroom for the rest of his life.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Edrondol said:
It's the boobs, isn't it?
I suppose it could be. For a while he would point out that I have breasts (which were formerly known as "the big balls on your chest" :rofl:).

Cajungal

Staff member
WildSoul said:
Edrondol said:
I suppose it could be. For a while he would point out that I have breasts (which were formerly known as "the big balls on your chest" :rofl:).
My godchild calls em "The Ladies" or "the nicest pillow in the world."

Over the past few days I have spent a total of four and a half hours on the phone with Dell. The longest single convo I`ve had with them was 2 hours 10 minutes and 38 seconds long. Jesus Christ!

At least I have my lap top working the way it should again now but still.

Also, I have to go to a party tonight and no matter what I put on I feel ugly and fat as sin.

Oh my FUCKING SANITY!!!!!

I can not FUCKING stand when these fat women come up to my desk, holding their little shit and puke factory (baby) while they talk to me about how badly their account is overdrafted. Then as I'm looking up the information, they stand there, holding the pile of vomit, making extremely loud "kissy" noises on it, baby talking it very loudly, while I attempt to do my work. Then, as it begins to whine, I realize a smell wafting into my personal space. The nasty little beast took a shit. What does mom do? "ooooh, someone needs a change!" then sits there while I try and finish getting her the information she requested.

For fucks' sake. I know you're fat now that you had your baby and refuse to exercise or eat right to get back down to whatever you might have been, so now you're husband cheats on you/treats you like shit since he hates your body, so now the only outlet for your emotions is the little creature you carry around like an emotional sponge, but seriously, it disgusts me, you disgust me, it disgusts me and I really hope it grows up and resents you, leaves you and you stay the miserable fat bloated creature that noone will pay attention to.

:grrr: :devil: :explode:

(Apologies for any bad grammar or the piss poor way I expressed myself, but seriously, I needed that)

:explode: Roomate has a shower so I wait for the hot water to fill back up and just as I'm going to take mine my brother jumps in and takes a 20 minute one. Now I don't have enough time to wait for the water to fill back up so that I can have one before I leave for work. :explode:

Far said:
:explode: Roomate has a shower so I wait for the hot water to fill back up and just as I'm going to take mine my brother jumps in and takes a 20 minute one. Now I don't have enough time to wait for the water to fill back up so that I can have one before I leave for work. :explode:
I used to have a roommate who would stay in the shower until the hot water would run out. This would usually take about 40 minutes. It was fucking annoying if he ever ended up in the shower before I could get to it.

Cajungal

Staff member
If I'm getting sick again---3rd time this year--I'm going to write a stern letter to my immune system and have someone fired.

WildSoul said:
Edrondol said:
Gives "Chesticles" a whole new meaning, dunnit?

Or... maybe the same meaning? :zoid:

David said:
WildSoul said:
Edrondol said:

I didn't know other people used that phrase.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Krisken said:
David said:
WildSoul said:
Edrondol said:

I didn't know other people used that phrase.
:rofl: I've used it before myself, but not in a very long time.

M

Mr_Chaz

5-0? Seriously Villa? Liverpool played very well. Deserved the win. Fine. But why the hell did we concede 5? We should never concede 5. Why is Reo-Coker still playing right back? If he ever plays there again then someone (I'm looking at you MO'N) needs to seriously rethink their priorities.

Cajungal said:
"the nicest pillow in the world."
Your godchild already has taste, clearly. I approve of this description.

Other rant:
I went to get some money on Thursday. I knew I had two big parties Thursday night and Friday night, so I withdrew some extra. I ended up going to take out some more money on Friday due to slight overspending on Thursday. Than on Saturday I had to go withdraw some money *again* due to similar problems. Gah! Every time I go out, I think I'll be sensible again, like I used to be, and let other people buy the drinks, and every time, I end up the guy buying half the bar drinks, just because I work and most of my friends are in college/university/whatnot. It's not that I mind spending it, nor that I wasn't treated the same when I was younger, but still, grah! My budget! I can't spend €350 on two nights! Add to that the fact that I got home on Saturday morning and had a champagne coupon (that's €48 right there) left over, and I just plain feel silly.

Additional rant (not *really* manbawwing but a friendly warning to those who've long since had enough of my eternal drama, just skip it :-P): me and my ex are, once again, getting along slightly better. Nothing sexual (thank god that seems over, we seem to have finally passed that), but just being able to be somewhat casual some of the time as friends. Not quite normal as with other people, but we're getting there. That I have a high disposable income and she...ehh, doesn't, and that I have a car, a shower at my place, and food all over the place, while she has none of those, probably helps quite a bit in her getting along with me - I'm a sucker still, and I know it, but, oh well. Peace and quiet and all that.
However; after Thursday night she ended up spending the night at my place (I have two beds. I told you, nothing has happened for a long while now :humph: ). Anyway, first off, she didn't just fall asleep, she fell into a semi-coma, of the "I have to check her heartbeat and breath regularly and might have to call an ambulance" sort. As in, I could open her eyes and she didn't respond at all; both her eyes were turned all the way up and away into the far corners? Healthy stuff. only reason I didn't call an ambulance, really, was that I knew she couldn't afford it (which is a a hard thing to do in Belgium, honestly...I think they come out to €50 or so).
Now, that's....somewhat her problem. Though it does make me wonder about what exactly happens when she goes home with someone else as a one night stand. Seriously, I'm a decent guy, but I know some of those she's gone with since hold to quite a bit looser morals than I do. Just worries me, damnit.
Secondly, and, horribly enough something that annoyed me more than the previous because, well, by now though I do still worry I sort of say she's just heading for her demise and who am I to stop her, she was still at my place Friday afternoon when I had to leave to that second party. She came there as well, but since I went to dinner beforehand, I had to leave some 4 hours earlier. She stayed behind to shower and shave and whatever, and promised to give me back my keys when she got there...which she promptly forgot at her place. Which forced me to stay 'till the end, and go home with her. Again, nothing happened, neither of us was in the very least interested, and I was there for the full 2 minutes or so, but it was annoying as FUCK. One of the few occasions where I actually get to meet new and relatively interesting people, and I was locked in having to go home with her from the first minute. Honestly, I'm not much of a flirt and all that, nothing's likely to happen anyway, but it *really* felt bad being forced this way to do nothing. She's the bloody [censored because I'm too nice] amongst the two of us. Blergh.

Third minor rant: it's typical for me that I come upon a group of 3 interesting, intelligent young ladies, strike up a conversation (that, somehow, magically, succeeds), and start an in-depth conversation sort of driving the other two away with what turns out to be the only one with a boyfriend of the three. Gblagh! Not like anything'd have come from it or anything, as I was neither terribly interested nor am I that smooth, but still, typical. This, of course, adds to the frustration of the former, by the way.

*grumbl*

Oh, and I have to be at work in 4 and a half hours. I'm an idiot for coming here now, after having been off line ofr four days. :aaahhh:

S

Scarlet Varlet

Cachers who stash their caches under trees, where GPSrs have a devil of a time getting a good reading. :angry: 40 minutes looking and nothing to show for it. :explode:

Stupid ulcers... I got almost 3.5 hours of sleep this morning only to wake up in searing agony from abdominal cramping/acid burning and spend an hour in the bathroom hoping I could get the screaming pain to stop while worrying that I might have pushed my ulcers too far this time and caused one to rupture. I'm cold as hell in an office that has to be at least 70 degrees F, I'm tired to the point of falling asleep on my keyboard, and I'm starving, but I really can't afford to put any caffeine in system and I can't handle any greasy or crappy food, which is all we have nearby.

Stupid, stupid ulcers, stupid PUD (Peptic Ulcer Disease), stupid Pepto-Bismol for not working well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.