[Important] What the hell just happened?!?

All I've noticed is that the ratings icons are not showing up right away when you click the thumbs button. And when they do appear, sometimes they close right away if you don't have the mouse on the toolbar when it scrolls out.

All I've noticed is that the ratings icons are not showing up right away when you click the thumbs button. And when they do appear, sometimes they close right away if you don't have the mouse on the toolbar when it scrolls out.
They open on hover now, instead of on click, and click closes them.

pageloads.png

This is pretty typical of the response time I've been getting.

I was using the new 1.1.1.1 DNS (which was faster than my Comcast's DNS servers), but it completely died on me a couple days ago, and I switched back to Comcast DNS.

Oh hey, I just noticed that when I load forum pages, the lock icon in the address bar isn’t always there. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn’t. This might be related. Cert issue?

—Patrick

Here, maybe this will be of help:
timetoload.png

Yes, that's ~13s it just sits there, waiting for a response from the server.

--Patrick

And going to the main page and the forums page, both are pretty quick. It's when I go to a forum like general or hit new posts that it slows down.

Dave

Staff member
There are things in the ACP that let me reindex stuff, but I don't want to do it until traffic is down a bit as it'll slow stuff down.

Dave

Staff member
I went ahead and started the indexing. If it works, it'll be done soon enough. If it doesn't I can update the ticket.

Not to be a bother, but entering a thread is still slow as molasses. The forum pages are OK, reacting/posting is fast, but New Posts and actually going to the page of a post are still in the "go get a coffee while you wait" category.

So it's a super minor thing, but as of this morning, on my phone, some things in my UI layout randomly changed, such as not having a what's new hotlink button without turning my phone sideways or opening the sidebar.

Dave

Staff member
The UI.X styles were throwing up a billion errors and I believe one of the things that were helping slow things down. I got them fixed this morning. So if there are issues, please document them and we'll see what we can do to fix them.