Ramadan and 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
There already has been a blow up about Muslim Family Day at a Six Flags on Sept 12. Luckily next year the end of Ramadan should be far away from 9/11

Christ, Fox News is going to have a field day with this.

I bet Sarah Palin says that Muslims celebrating anything at all on sept. 11 is disrespectful to those who died. Their kid's birthday included.

C

Chibibar

Yea. I can see Fox news running with this one.

I do like the analogy of What if 9/11 and Christmas happen to be the same day?

If 9/11 happened on christmas it'd be viewed as an attack on Christians. It would have just added to the Muslim hate already going on.

I can post this somewhere else if you want chibs, (can I call you chibs?) but I feel this is just as good a place as any.

In related 9/11 and muslim tolerance news, some pastor wants to hold a book burning on 9/11 and burn a bunch of korans.

FOXNews.com - Fla. Pastor Defends Koran Burning Plan

best quote?

"We have thought about it," the pastor said, "about the danger in holding the controversial event, and we realize that whenever we made this step, that this kind of thing could happen. But we feel it's that important, and the times call for some kind of radical measure in standing up.
emphasis added for face palms. Great choice of words there, chief.

and I just noticed the mel gibson poster behind him. LOL! I had to double check to make sure this wasn't the onion.

C

Chibibar

Sure you can call me Chibs :)

my head hurts from reading that article. I have learn long ago that there will always be "nuts" from any religion. This doesn't mean that that whole religion is "nuts"

J

JONJONAUG

There already has been a blow up about Muslim Family Day at a Six Flags on Sept 12. Luckily next year the end of Ramadan should be far away from 9/11
I remember Six Flags had that day very shortly before 9/11.

Then after 9/11 my dad called up the FBI tip line because he thought that Muslims would've been using Six Flags Muslim Family Day to organize terrorist attacks. I can't make this shit up.

I'd want to donate a bunch of korans, but they would only say Koran on the outside cover. It'd be a bible on the inside. I wonder how he'd feel then, knowing he burned the word of his god.

In related 9/11 and muslim tolerance news, some pastor wants to hold a book burning on 9/11 and burn a bunch of korans.

If I were a bored millionaire, I would rent a water bomber for this event. Just one of the small helicopter ones, big enough to put out a little Quran bonfire.[/QUOTE]

Just hold a bible burning in the next parking lot.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. That would strike me as catty, and while an eye for an eye is a biblical concept, it would mean that the counterprotestors are allowing themselves to fall to the same level as the Quran-burners. . Waterbombing the first burning would be a much clearer (and much more awesome) message.

If I were a bored millionaire, I would rent a water bomber for this event. Just one of the small helicopter ones, big enough to put out a little Quran bonfire.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. That would strike me as catty, and while an eye for an eye is a biblical concept, it would mean that the counterprotestors are allowing themselves to fall to the same level as the Quran-burners. . Waterbombing the first burning would be a much clearer (and much more awesome) message.[/QUOTE]

But it would also go down as an assault. And a counter protest is just a counter protest.

C

Chibibar

I don't know. That would strike me as catty, and while an eye for an eye is a biblical concept, it would mean that the counterprotestors are allowing themselves to fall to the same level as the Quran-burners. . Waterbombing the first burning would be a much clearer (and much more awesome) message.[/QUOTE]

But it would also go down as an assault. And a counter protest is just a counter protest.[/QUOTE]

It would be funny if it rain that day. VERY heavy rain......

then we can set up a protest, SEE!! your GOD oppose your book burning! ;)

But it would also go down as an assault. And a counter protest is just a counter protest.[/QUOTE]

But as I already stated, in this fictional reality I am a bored millionaire, which suggests to me that I would have a legal team to take care of such problems.

Besides, rich people only ever get house arrest, and if I were a millionaire, I'd probably have a nice house.

Which is to say: Pooh on you for reminding me of the legal realities here :p

C

Chibibar

But as I already stated, in this fictional reality I am a bored millionaire, which suggests to me that I would have a legal team to take care of such problems.

Besides, rich people only ever get house arrest, and if I were a millionaire, I'd probably have a nice house.

heck, if you are rich and bored, you could probably dust the cloud and make it rain ;)

I'm sure that is legal.

heck, if you are rich and bored, you could probably dust the cloud and make it rain ;)

I'm sure that is legal.[/QUOTE]

Chibi's always thinking ahead.

If you were REALLY rich, Rob King, you'd control the weather with a secret machine.

I'm sure that is legal.[/QUOTE]

Chibi's always thinking ahead.

If you were REALLY rich, Rob King, you'd control the weather with a secret machine.[/QUOTE]

But then The Flash would kick your ass, real fast...

Necronic

Staff member
Yeah, these guys are nutters. They have done joint protests alongside Westboro. The pastor that created the church they preach out of renounced them before he died. Oh yeah, and here's a surprise....there are suspicions of him having embezzled money from a previous church. I swear, these evangelicals are more predictable than.....something that is predictable.

I'll be curious to see the response to the book burning. Hopefully there will be a lot of protesters. Burning the bible doesn't do anything to change their mind though. They have a lot of anger in them, you have to diffuse it, not fuel it. Maybe a flashmob where people read the Koran. Or a candlelight vigil. I dunno.

I'm also really disturbed by the response of the Evangelical community. I mean, I didn't expect an outright condemnation of this act, but for them to suggest that they should simply 'delay' it....that's messed up.

I'm also really disturbed by the response of the Evangelical community. I mean, I didn't expect an outright condemnation of this act, but for them to suggest that they should simply 'delay' it....that's messed up.
As someone who has grown up in, and spent most of my life associating with an Evangelical denomination, I expected nothing less.

If something less has happened, I find myself horrified beyond words.

Fla. city denies permit for 9/11 Quran burning - Yahoo! News

The Quran burning did not get a permit. Some one in Florida has some sense...
They're still going to do it, though.[/QUOTE]

They'll go to jail and pay a serious fine for it. I can think of at least 4 laws they are breaking if they actual go through with it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but then they'll just play the martyr card in an attempt to make themselves look oppressed.

I know... But people will buy it.[/QUOTE]

Ha! The all-powerful Islamic Cabal that runs Florida strikes again, eh?

Fla. city denies permit for 9/11 Quran burning - Yahoo! News

The Quran burning did not get a permit. Some one in Florida has some sense...
They're still going to do it, though.[/QUOTE]

They'll go to jail and pay a serious fine for it. I can think of at least 4 laws they are breaking if they actual go through with it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but then they'll just play the martyr card in an attempt to make themselves look oppressed.

I know... But people will buy it.[/QUOTE]

Regardless of how the other Evangelicals, whose minds wouldn't change anyway, look at it; they'd still get arrested and fined. What do you want, for the police to set the book-burners on fire? Will that make it enough?

C

Chibibar

September 11 2001 was also the end of Ramadan. I don't see the big deal.
That is because you are a rational, intelligent human being. Welcome to the true growing minority in the United States.[/QUOTE]
Personally I don't see anything wrong with it. I originally post this to show more proof that general public are idiots.

Still no crazy news stories guys? Well don't give up hope yet, we still have a few more weeks for Fox to get it's act in gear.

I stand corrected, internet fail.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

So much for joining that growing minority :(

What do you want, for the police to set the book-burners on fire? Will that make it enough?
Yes, that is exactly what I want. :rolleyes:

What I said was that no matter what happens, too many people who already shared their opinion, nothing will change. Arresting them, not arresting them, setting them on fire, joining in a circle and praising them.. Nothing will change their minds..

What I want will never happen.[/QUOTE]

The tone of your post seemed like you were saying the police weren't doing enough. They break the law, they get punished. You can't change people's minds. They can feel persecuted all they please; the Evangelicals have been crying that song for years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.