Quick Cosplay Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there. Firstly, I'm going to Triad Anime Con this weekend, which will be my first ever convention! Secondly, I was thinking of putting together a quick costume for the con, but I'm short on time and budget for getting new costume pieces. As such, I was thinking of repurposing some clothes that I've got.

Essentially, the costume consists of khaki pants, black shoes, a green and white striped dress shirt, red bowtie, straw boater hat and bamboo cane. My question is if there are any anime or video game characters who have a similar outfit. If anyone can help me out, that would be great.

figmentPez

Staff member
Essentially, the costume consists of khaki pants, black shoes, a green and white striped dress shirt, red bowtie, straw boater hat and bamboo cane. My question is if there are any anime or video game characters who have a similar outfit. If anyone can help me out, that would be great.
Different colors, and no cane, but:

The Flim Flam brothers were the first thing to come to my mind.

Thanks for the suggestions, you guys. Considering that the colors aren't right for Lyle Lanley or the Flim Flam Brothers, I'll go with the idea of cosplaying as a villager from The Prisoner. Thanks again for the suggestions, guys.

Thanks again for the cosplay suggestion. I had a really fun time at Triad Anime Con. It was a blast to attend a con like this and, though I was a little sad that it was over, I enjoyed the experience.

I've gotten my ticket now for Animazement this May and I have the opportunity to actually plan out a cosplay costume for that. I'd still like to keep it pretty low-budget and I'd like to try something different than this past cosplay. Anyone know of any characters who can make for a good low-cost cosplay?

That sounds like fun!! I've heard wonderful things about Animazement.

As for low-budget cosplay, I don't know..without knowing what you like (anime/video games/ comics) it's hard to suggest anything.

That sounds like fun!! I've heard wonderful things about Animazement.

As for low-budget cosplay, I don't know..without knowing what you like (anime/video games/ comics) it's hard to suggest anything.
Well, if it helps any, I can list some of the things that I do like.

Lupin III
Doctor Who
Adventure Time
The Adventures of Tintin
Yu Yu Hakusho
Studio Ghibli films
BioShock
Scott Pilgrim
Batman
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Anything else that would be helpful?

Alright, I've settled on what I'll be cosplaying as and I've decided to throw together three cosplays for Animazement. One day I'll be Lupin III (green jacket version), another day I'll be a Team Rocket grunt and on the last day I'll be Superboy.

I've already gotten the pieces for Superboy and I've just recently got the stuff needed for Lupin III thanks to a thrift shop run. Now I just need a few final pieces for the Team Rocket grunt.

Don't worry about it. The fact a skilled cosplayer like you was willing to offer help is nice enough.

Anyway, I've done some online shopping and I have everything I need now for my costumes. The last pieces have been shipped and are on their way. Still surprised by how easy it was to get my hands on a green blazer for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.