PVP Online: New Jade Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like sometimes Scott does listen to the fans. We all know Jade has been kind of... droopy recently, but first thing I noticed the minute I saw today's comic was he is trying something different with her. Have to admit, she looks a lot better now.

PvPonline

Comparison with her last front faced shot.

She did look good in today's strip but I don't know if it was an active effort on Scott's part.

Dave

Staff member
Scott's art has gained by leaps and bounds since he moved to PA. I think his stuff has been phenomenal.

E

Element 117

He hired a Korean anime team of interns to mimic his style. It cost him $4 each.

#FalseAccusations

I tweeted my approval of his artwork on yesterday's strip to him too.

Bumble, let's start our OWN PA studio.

P

Philosopher B.

Can I be an intern. I can fetch the coffee and old-lady getups!

E

edzepp

I love it. For all his faults, his art has improved significantly.

Cajungal

Staff member
Looking at it again, one reason why I like the new design is that it brings back Jade's newer old eyes (not the oldest design, the one after it), where the lids were always a little closed. I missed that.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Ahhhh, Jade... Back on my list of comic characters I'd schtoink.

Honestly, though, the improvement is massive. She actually looks beautiful and self-assured again, instead of some old harridan who hasn't had her coffee in weeks.

Also, is there an opening for an animesque artist in this new studio?

I want in, too. But don't worry about a cubicle for me. A corner of the room where I can sit with my laptop is good enough for me!

Notice how Frank Cho is able to draw Jade properly? Did you see how he's able to do hair so much nicer than Scott can? I grow tired of seeing Jade's eyebrow superimposed on her hair.

The idea of wanting to...what's the word...schtoink a comic character is a bit disturbing to me.

I like Jade's expression in the most recent comic

Status
Not open for further replies.