[Question] PSN Account

Remember my friend who died a few months ago? Do you know if there is a way to transfer his ps4 games from his account to his wife's? I'm not sure how psn and xbox accounts work but his wife wants to limit the time his sons spend playing and the kind of game they play.

Most companies that "sell" online-based stuff work very hard to make sure that you are not able to transfer your "ownership" of your account and/or the purchases on your account to another person. PSN, iTunes, the Windows App Store, Amazon Music, etc...while they sometimes make exceptions, you can expect every one of them to fight to find whatever way they can to NOT transfer ownership.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Remember my friend who died a few months ago? Do you know if there is a way to transfer his ps4 games from his account to his wife's? I'm not sure how psn and xbox accounts work but his wife wants to limit the time his sons spend playing and the kind of game they play.

It looks like they can't be transfered. What about recovering his psn and email password?
A death certificate and some sort of proof of authority (e.g. will, executor papers, marriage papers) can be enough to get a company to hand over account control to a spouse/child of the deceased. I have helped do it for things like e-mail and utilities. It usually requires a lengthy phonecall followed by an e-mail or two (with whatever proof they request attached).

The biggest thing here is that no game publisher/distributor is going to support any sort of option that would make it so people would ultimately purchase FEWER copies of their games, EVEN IF those additional copies would not be purchased until most likely after the publisher has folded and been sold off several times. They’re that greedy/protective.

—Patrick

But I think she should still be able to get the password and stuff if she contacts them. The account can remain in use, just can't transfer anything.