PS4 in 2022

I still use a PS4 (a original fat PS4 even). I don't have any issues with it. Everything is running fine except for one thing. The loud internal fan. The problem only comes up with some some of the more "high performance" games. Is there anything I can do to solve the issue? Are cooling stands something that can be used?

Maybe it does. I haven't open it up to clean it. Only made sure the air vents are free of dirt.

I still use a PS4 (a original fat PS4 even). I don't have any issues with it. Everything is running fine except for one thing. The loud internal fan. The problem only comes up with some some of the more "high performance" games. Is there anything I can do to solve the issue? Are cooling stands something that can be used?
Probably dust, as @phil said.

I would definitely clean it, it makes a world of difference and is pretty simple to do. That said, they are notoriously loud. Especially the fat systems trying to run newer games. I've never tried anything other than a clean myself as that always brought it down to acceptable levels for me.

I would definitely clean it, it makes a world of difference and is pretty simple to do. That said, they are notoriously loud. Especially the fat systems trying to run newer games. I've never tried anything other than a clean myself as that always brought it down to acceptable levels for me.
How deep did you clean it? Did you open up the PS4?