[Handheld] Pokemon Sun and Moon

Zappit

Staff member
Haven't finished the main story yet - Dragon Quest 7 got in the way and that game is HUGE - but Pokemon Bank just updated, and I think I'll clone my competitive teams and transfer them for breeding purposes. I've barely scratched the surface of this game.

Did you guys see the news about the Virtual Console Red, Blue, and Yellow with the Bank? Everything you transfer over will have 3 perfect IVs! You can't transfer Missingno or the glitch Mews, but apparently, someone figured out a way to "fix" glitch Mews to get them to transfer.

A bit of a pity Umbreon's defense is lower than max, since Umbreon is best played as a defensive poke, but otherwise that is one drool-worthy Pokemon there!

I was super happy when I checked him out after the fight! I was looking for a shiny, so good stats were a happy bonus.

I got the Destiny knot and I lucked out and was able to trade for a few awesome baby Pokemon so now I'm working on breeding a proper team. And one for our son now that he knows I can make Squirtles lol.

Zappit

Staff member
I love how breeding works ever since the Destiny Knot came out. I remember breeding HUNDREDS of Pokemon to get one with perfect IVs on Heartgold. I think I cleared a thousand Scythers to get my perfect Scizor.

Hell, I actually hit found my Holy Grail in Gen 5 - a perfect SHINY Larvitar. I was just breeding them aiming to 5 IVs as trade fodder on Smogon, but then it happened, and I kept it.

I'm obsessed with shiny Pokémon. That's why I was so excited about that Umbreon I caught!

Even with my Shiny Charm, the odds of breeding a Pokémon with perfect stats and shininess are crazy low.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with the extras I breed. Or where I'm going to keep them while I figure it out.

Zappit

Staff member
I'm obsessed with shiny Pokémon. That's why I was so excited about that Umbreon I caught!

Even with my Shiny Charm, the odds of breeding a Pokémon with perfect stats and shininess are crazy low.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with the extras I breed. Or where I'm going to keep them while I figure it out.
Hang on to your good breeding results. Seriously. Set up a shop (thread for trading) over at Smogon. I did that, with only a few species to offer, but I got some very decent stuff in return. Since many people clone their Pokemon, you could very easily get shiny Pokemon from folks there.

That sounds awesome! I'll have to check it out.

This little guy was born before supper. I finished up a flower I was working on, but I'm done that now and I'm going to try and swap him back in with the ditto and see what I get.

IMG_9688.JPG

Zappit

Staff member
I just transferred my battle-ready stuff over. Turns out I also had about 400 BP banked, as well. Got my breeding/training kit right from the get-go without going through the Battle Tree.

Still pondering if I want to spend the money for Pokemon Bank.

Or now that the Bank's been released, maybe I'll just try to trade for every single Pokemon.

@Zappit When you said clone a team to transfer though the Pokémon Bank, could you please explain what that means and how it would work?

I'm going to start Alpha Sapphire and I'm thinking of setting up the bank app.

Zappit

Staff member
Cloning can be done with a Powersave device and a cartridge of the game. Powersaves are pretty cheap. They're the next generation of Game Genie, AR, etc...

You install the software it comes with on a PC, plug the game cart into the adapter, and connect it to the PC via USB cord (included). Then you can use the clone codes, which create duplicates of your Pokemon. It's very, very user-friendly.

Send your duplicates into the Bank, keep your originals on the cart for safekeeping, and Voila! You've got a trade surplus and a backup of your Pokemon in case of disaster.

Zappit

Staff member
That's awesome! Thanks. I totally want one :)
Lot of other things it can do, too, like maxing out items. Makes EV training in Gen 6 easy-peasy. Load up on vitamins, train out the rest, and Rare Candy it up to whatever level you need.

One thing, though. Apparently, using the items codes in Sun and Moon can mess up your Game Sync stuff. There have been a few scattered reports.

If you're on Alpha Sapphire, you'd be absolutely fine.

I caved and paid for Pokemon Bank, and I cleaned out my boxes in OR and brought them all into my Sun game. Now I'm using my level 100 Mewtwo to power-level pokemon in an attempt to fill my Alola pokedex.

Afterwards I'll have to sift through these pokes to see if there are any worthy of use in the Battle Tree. I seem to recall I had a pretty decent Keldeo somewhere in there...

I got the bank as well. I've pretty much filled all the boxes the game is going to give me.

I've started Alpha Sapphire but it's going to be a while before I have any good stuff for the bank. I'm excited about getting a Mewtwo in it!!

Usually when you get something with 5 perfect IVs in wonder trade, it's someone's breeding failure.

I have to figure out what to do with all of mine. I'm trying to breed Salamdits, which is a pain because only the girls evolve. So of course the pretty much prefect shiny one I hatched was a dude. This game is so mean, but I can't quit it :)

I had good intentions of taking part in each of the Sun and Moon tournaments for a while to earn the Mega Stones they were giving out for free rather than having to buy them with BPs but then I got caught up in getting ready for the art show and a few other drawings and I kind of forgot about my DS. One sleepless night later where I am too tired to draw but can't sleep so I've been poke-nerding and I looked up for the next online tournament. The theme for the one? Only tiny pokemon! Just the babies under a certain height! How cute is that? I signed up right away! And then I looked at the eligible Pokemon and realized that other than an excellent Squirtle, I've got nothing. OCD breeding time again!

Does anyone have a Cubone or Marowak with Stealth Rock that they would be willing to trade or loan me for a few minutes please?

I have all kinds of good little guys to trade.

I bought one of the Powersavers. It's awesome :)

After I washed one of my camera's SD cards and then a copy of Pokémon Y, I decided it was time to have a backup of my games.

And then I discovered all the other cool stuff it can do! The Wondercards are my favourite!