PEOPLE IN SAUNAS! Was About Traditional Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAKED PEOPLE IN SAUNAS! Was About Traditional Marriage

Lucky Finn. They're there in Belgian sauna's, too, mostly, unless it's private. :(

North_Ranger

Staff member

Even in male-only saunas? Like at spa hotels and public swimming halls?

Yikes.

Yes. Well, towels, or bathing suits, or whatever. Towels are usually more for lying on, so that the bench doesn't get soaked with everybody's sweat.

North_Ranger

Staff member

Prudes :p

Admittedly, Finnish sauna tradition is more about sitting and talking than lying.

Eh. Yes. Though you aren't really supposed ot stay in there too long.
So, something like 15 minutes sauna, cold shower, 15 minutes steam bath, cold shower, 15 minutes solarium, cold shower, 15 minutes jacuzzi, cold shower, 15 minutes sauna, cold shower, than drop dead and drink some nice cocktails :-P

North_Ranger

Staff member

I need to come visit Finland. Some day, some day....
I've never even been in a sauna. :( I'd like to try one. Bet it's relaxing.[/QUOTE]

It is, very much so.

It's especially nice if you have the chance to do the following: run from a hot sauna into snow and/or a hole cut in the ice for a quick dip. Just roll/swim around for a minute or so, then get back inside. You'll tingle all over, and the tension just melts away.

But just sitting in the sauna, and taking cold showers in-between is also nice =)

Cajungal

Staff member

Man I need to do something like that. I hold all my tension in my back and shoulders, and this past year it's been getting worse. I've been thinking about hitting a sauna to relax or getting a massage.

North_Ranger

Staff member

Sauna, definitely then.

There's two schools of thought whether you should sauna wet or dry. Personally I prefer wet, since I love cooling off by pouring a ladleful of cool water on myself while in a sauna. It cools, it relaxes, and it helps you if you're a first-timer in a sauna.

North_Ranger

Staff member

I used to do it weekly. Unfortunately, for a while now I've had some... stuff in the sauna in my apartment, and haven't been able to. But I enjoy it when I can.

Personally I wouldn't recommend it daily, more like weekly or maybe 1-2 times a month, however you prefer.

Cajungal

Staff member

I am so finding a sauna this semester. :D I'm gonna find the HELL out of a sauna... somewhere in this armpit of a city.

North_Ranger

Staff member

Find anyone of Finnish descent; we can track a proper sauna within a 200-mile radius.

fade

Staff member

CajunGal doesn't need a sauna. She lives in one.

Cajungal

Staff member

I don't mind extreme heat and humidity when I get to choose it.

Well, first I was going to say something about her always being in heat and wet, but I decided staying slightly classier. And now I failed that Will Check on the second round. Darn.

Don't know about you other coonasses, but the weather on the Northshore has been pretty nice! Warm, but cool breezes!

I never knew it was a slur. I've always thought it was just accepted slang.

S

SeraRelm

... It's definitely an ethnic slur.

R

rabbitgod

I approve this thread. There's so much going on.

I just can't keep it on my taskbar while at work. It reads 'NAKED PEOPLE IN S...'

Finland here I come.

fade

Staff member
It may be a slur, but everyone here uses it to refer to each other. Unlike "coon" it doesn't really seem to offend the recipient.

Here being Lafayette Parish in LA.

S

SeraRelm

And lots of urban folks call each other nigga, it's still hilarious Vyt pulled a Randal.

Status
Not open for further replies.