Not open for further replies.
D

DougTheHead

Krisken said:
DougTheHead said:
Krisken said:
ElJuski said:
If you say so, it must be true :eyeroll:
I wasn't making a declarative statement like you did.

Guess it isn't a personal subject for you like it is for me.
And the lesson, kids, is this: If you add enough ambiguous qualifiers to your statements, no one is EVER allowed to make fun of them.
Fine. I have two dead uncles who shot themselves a week apart from each other.

Feel better, dick head?
And the lesson, kids, is this: If you bring up personal tragedies in your posts, people will HAVE to take you seriously.

DougTheHead said:
And the lesson, kids, is this: If you bring up personal tragedies in your posts, people will HAVE to take you seriously.
sooo you criticised him for not saying enough, and then when he says more, you call him an attention whore? furthermore, you do all this stupid shit whilst on the topic of the man's dead relatives?!

congratulations, you have displayed a thouroughly grade school level of maturity and intelligence. here are some semantics for you to fuck around with: you are a douchebag.

D

DougTheHead

No, I criticized him the first time because he felt his statement shouldn't be ridiculed because it was not phrased as a declarative sentence. I pointed out that using ambiguous qualifiers in your sentence (such as "I'm not sure if..." which is what I was referring to) does not make his statements immune to ridicule.

Then he pulled out the "personal tragedy" card and evidently expected me to fall all over myself apologizing for having said a mean thing to somebody who had dead family members. I then tried to show him that this did not make him any more immune from ridicule. I'm sorry to hear he's experienced such a tragedy, but this knowledge doesn't change my opinion of his statements.

Anyone who thought it was about him "not saying enough" or being "an attention whore" (I like how you pulled that one out of your ass, since you certainly didn't get it from anything I wrote) has displayed a thoroughly grade-school level of reading comprehension.

What do Kurt Cobain and Michaelangelo have in common?

[spoiler:2s6kc840]They both used their brain to paint the ceiling.[/spoiler:2s6kc840]

DougTheHead said:
No, I criticized him the first time because he felt his statement shouldn't be ridiculed because it was not phrased as a declarative sentence. I pointed out that using ambiguous qualifiers in your sentence (such as "I'm not sure if..." which is what I was referring to) does not make his statements immune to ridicule.

Then he pulled out the "personal tragedy" card and evidently expected me to fall all over myself apologizing for having said a mean thing to somebody who had dead family members. I then tried to show him that this did not make him any more immune from ridicule. I'm sorry to hear he's experienced such a tragedy, but this knowledge doesn't change my opinion of his statements.

Anyone who thought it was about him "not saying enough" or being "an attention *" (I like how you pulled that one out of your a**, since you certainly didn't get it from anything I wrote) has displayed a thoroughly grade-school level of reading comprehension.
I intentionally left the shit on the first page because I didn't want to make it an argument. You decided you were king shit and brought it back into discussion. Way to go, big man.

Still, GO FUCK YOURSELF. I wasn't looking for an apology, just to show you what a D-bag you are.

So now you know.

D

DougTheHead

Calleja said:

[spoiler:36quxg0r]They both used their brain to paint the ceiling.[/spoiler:36quxg0r]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Man, sometimes I just need a groanworthy joke to improve my mood. Thanks, man.

Gurpel said:
congratulations, you have displayed a thouroughly grade school level of maturity and intelligence. here are some semantics for you to fuck around with: you are a douchebag.
Smooth one, there. Way to point out his immaturity.

DougTheHead said:
Calleja said:

[spoiler:3rowr13r]They both used their brain to paint the ceiling.[/spoiler:3rowr13r]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Man, sometimes I just need a groanworthy joke to improve my mood. Thanks, man.
Thought I should lighten the mood with a bit of dark humor :smirk:

Can we Cobain this thread yet? It's already devolved into nothing more than people being asses towards each other.*

*the only difference between this thread and all other times people are asses is that these asses aren't as amusing.

S

Silvanesti

Ravenpoe said:
Can we Cobain this thread yet? It's already devolved into nothing more than people being asses towards each other.*

*the only difference between this thread and all other times people are asses is that these asses aren't as amusing.
FUCK YOOOOooooooou :explode:

Q

quandofloo

I am enjoying gurpel and krisken raging against someone being a douchebag. I assume they are angry because he is taking their jobs.

Ravenpoe said:
Can we Cobain this thread yet? It's already devolved into nothing more than people being asses towards each other.
Let's just not fail at it, please?

Don't want another arseface.

P

Philosopher B.

Lamont said:
Sometimes it seems to me that you're all insane. Not judging, mind you, just noticing.
'Seems'? I thought that was established fact. :(

Gurpel said:
sooo you criticised him for not saying enough, and then when he says more, you call him an attention *? furthermore, you do all this stupid poop whilst on the topic of the man's dead relatives?!
It wasn't about being to vague about his personal experience, it was about him using vague qualifiers on his original statement. Jumping straight from that to "I have suicide deaths in my family" looks like he's playing the "no on can criticize me because something bad vaguely related to the topic happened to me" card.

Personally, I think he misread the intent of the criticizers post and got emotional about it (as humans are prone to do). The fact he can't seem to see that this is most likely a misunderstanding makes him kinda a jerk. If you don't want to be a part of a dicussion, don't join it. If you don't want to have to explain an opinion, don't express it. Simple as that.

Dorko said:
Gurpel said:
sooo you criticised him for not saying enough, and then when he says more, you call him an attention *? furthermore, you do all this stupid poop whilst on the topic of the man's dead relatives?!
It wasn't about being to vague about his personal experience, it was about him using vague qualifiers on his original statement. Jumping straight from that to "I have suicide deaths in my family" looks like he's playing the "no on can criticize me because something bad vaguely related to the topic happened to me" card.

Personally, I think he misread the intent of the criticizers post and got emotional about it (as humans are prone to do). The fact he can't seem to see that this is most likely a misunderstanding makes him kinda a jerk. If you don't want to be a part of a dicussion, don't join it. If you don't want to have to explain an opinion, don't express it. Simple as that.
Don't worry, I'm done commenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.