Pen & Paper Role Playing Games

What this really shows is that big corporations ruin everything. :awesome: They should have just made the books be their own digital market, and the tools be a flat fee, or a subscription model. (Or made them free but lololol)
Just wave their magic wand and it's done. Lololololol

Honestly, what this really shows is that WotC/Hasbro should be doing this in house, just to avoid the issue entirely.
Everyone wants competition until they want to blame the big companies. The fact is, Wikia (who owns dndbeyond now) has enticing services to lure people in to buy their product. And those services wouldn't exist at all with just the physical books. Dei isn't owed a damned thing by dndbeyond or WotC.

Reactions
2,072 425 6
Just wave their magic wand and it's done. Lololololol
We're clearly not going to agree because I think it's an abhorent business practice to charge full price for a digital book you aren't even allowed to download. And it's not really *competition* when the digital services were outsourced.

We're clearly not going to agree because I think it's an abhorent business practice to charge full price for a digital book you aren't even allowed to download. And it's not really *competition* when the digital services were outsourced.
- What the market will bear.
- huh?

Also, dndbeyond prices their content below the list price of the books. And on Cyber Monday, they are still about $10 less than the hardbacks. I definitely wouldn't pay for both. But claiming it is full book price for undownloadable content is patently false.

Also, you CAN download it and use it offline in the dndbeyond app, which is free.