[PC Game] Oz Adventure by American McGee- Yes, Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I have to whore out a kickstarter/announce a new game for a second:

Ozombie by American McGee and Spicy Horse Games

Dorothy's great-great-granddaughter joins forces with Tin Woodman and Lion to battle Scarecrow's mindless army for control of Oz.
  • OZombie will be first and foremost a single player game. You'll play as Dorothy and be able to persuade many of the captivating fiction’s familiar characters such as Tik Tok and Billina to join your hunting party
  • OZombie will also support an optional multiplayer mode, which you can unlock after finishing the single player experience. In multiplayer you'll be able to select from a range of player characters and enjoy competitive features like Raids and Tournaments.
I'm really excited about this. A single player game that expands into an MMO? :DPlus, the kickstarter video has Pandora Boxx playing Alice!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spicyhorse/ozombie/widget/video.html

fade

Staff member
I was going to ask why they hell Scarecrow of all people would take over Oz, but the Kickstarter page does a really good job of explaining it.[DOUBLEPOST=1372776026][/DOUBLEPOST]Hmm, these zombies sound very similar to the concept used in Warm Bodies (the book--haven't seen the film).

I want the game as described, but I'm wary to pledge until it's further along its development. Or, I'll get it when it's out, is what I'm saying, probably. Very intriguing.

Yeah, I was kind of "ugh, more zombies" at first too, but this sounds interesting - in the Heinleinian we're-all-zombies-slaving-away way.

That's what I thought too, until I read into it a bit more. They're not going for traditional zombies. Might want to read this for a better description.

Eh, still sounds like zombies to me, either way. Not to mention the munchkin zombie they picture. It's a munchkin...but zombified!

I'm just tired of zombies in pop culture. Used to love zombie movies. They were my favourite horror monster. But it seems these days people get a tax credit or something if they add zombies.

fade

Staff member
Making Dorothy a Canadian conscript is like slapping L. Frank Baum in the face, isn't it? If you read the foreword to WoZ, he created this world as an American fairy tale. That was his whole motivation!

fade

Staff member
You'll forgive me, I hope, if it's hard to tell what's serious in an article about dwarves zombified by alien-brained men made of straw in a land you get to by whirlwind.

Yeah, I was kind of "ugh, more zombies" at first too, but this sounds interesting - in the Heinleinian we're-all-zombies-slaving-away way.

Turns out the name is getting changed for this reason. It's getting too complicated to explain each and every time the game is presented. I really like how all of the backers have direct input into the game's concept. Some of the presented names are awesome:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spicyhorse/ozombie/posts/532152

I don't know if anyone else has read "Shadow of Oz" by Nick Damon, but it is free for Kindle right now. I downloaded it on a reference from a mentor. After reading the preview and a few pages in, I'm putting it on my list for next in line. Right now, I have to finish my dystopian fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.