[Gaming] Overwatch (#boycottblizz)

I was going to post that just for the thumbnail, but I wasn't motivated enough to find the actual source.
[DOUBLEPOST=1494375732,1494375277][/DOUBLEPOST]My current hero is whoever is playing Pharah in this (cued) clip:

--Patrick

Supposedly there will be more event-y things (such as lootboxes) coming after the free weekend is over (i.e., for paying customers only), but word is that the acquisition period is going to be so short that the only way you'll possibly get all the cosmetic things you want is to buy lots and lots of loot boxes with real money.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Overwatch free for Memorial Day weekend, so I get to find out if my computer can run it.

Spoilers: Probably not.
Eh, they've got pretty good content detail scaling, I bet if you set all the settings to low/off, you might be surprised. If there's one thing Blizzard does well, it's include options for obsolete PCs.

I've played on my definitely not meant for gaming laptop, and it LOOKS terrible, but plays fine.
Yeah, but you can see where all the Junkrats and Torbs are hiding, right?

Well, until they fixed it this last November, of course.

--Patrick

Bought a 50 set like usual, got Lucio, Symmetra, S76, Genji, Hanzo, and Zarya by the end of that and a few earned boxes. I also got a few dances, but not anywhere close to all of them. The sad thing is the ones I really wanted (other then Symmetra) was Dva, Bastion, Tracer, and Mei, and of course those are the ones I didn't get. I ended up purchasing the Bastion, but I am not sure I want to use my coins on the others.

BTW, when using the Lucio skin, his Crossfade transitions use new Jazzy music. It's a bit jarring hearing a saxophone (or maybe a trumpet?) blaring every time I switch to speed, haha.

It works!

It looks like crap, but it works!

Only really sucky part is that even though my PSN and Blizzard accounts are linked, they don't share data aside from the Nexus event. So all the stuff I've gotten from loot boxes is stuck on console.

Also would need to relearn to play on mouse and keyboard. Maybe I'll get it when you guys come back to it. At least now I know it's an option.

. Maybe I'll get it when you guys come back to it. At least now I know it's an option.
Hey I'm there almost every night. I'm just stuck in ELO Hell with my 1465CR which means I can't join up with the other, more dedicated four items, so mostly I get my fun running around the arcade modes. Also my schedule is never the same game twice, so I won't be upset if we don't hook up. I'll definitely look for you over the weekend, though. :)

--Patrick

Been playing a lot of total mayham in the arcade. It's nuts but a lot of fun too. One match our team and the enemy team were in overtime for 10 minutes of insanity.

Been playing a lot of total mayham in the arcade. It's nuts but a lot of fun too. One match our team and the enemy team were in overtime for 10 minutes of insanity.
You want insanity, try any payload/KotH map with 6v6 Lúcios.

...it's like someone put a bunch of angry hornets in a fish tank.

--Patrick