[Gaming] Overwatch (#boycottblizz)

GasBandit

Staff member
Metal version of Lucio's speed song is pretty good.

[DOUBLEPOST=1488304007,1488303876][/DOUBLEPOST]And another DSPStanky Lucio video to make us all feel totally inadequate. I like the Jet Set Radio reference though.

Wall riding is something I would love to get better at, because it's the thing that transforms Lúcio from "useful team member" to "even more annoying than Tracer."

--Patrick

Oh look, It's zarya's Ultimate... without needing to be charged!
To be fair, it has a hefty cooldown and the actual activated range for it to drag you is super small. You won't be pulling people from half the objective away but if you catch someone near a ledge off guard, you can yank them off. It also does not hold them into place like Zarya's ult, but does apply a small slowing effect similar to a getting hit by a Mei freeze ray for a second or two, so the only people that will be able to use it for wombo combos are people who really communicate and get a bit of a lucky throw.

So I tried her out on the PTR, a few things of note.

The Barrier lasts for around 20 seconds. The cooldown is 12 seconds. You can have a barrier up most of the time but if it gets blown up right after placement you can have a period where you don't have as much defense. It's best to save your damage reduction time for those periods, or if you need to avoid crowd control.

Her toughness seems to half all damage in addition to making her immune to crowd control. I noticed about half the health ticks while active compared to when it was off. Mei is going to hate her since it also makes her immune to freezing while active.

Her regular fire has a HUGE clip size for the amount of bullets she fires and has the longest range of any tank, but has what (at least to me) feels like a very sluggish reload period. When I usually play heroes I reload even in any small lull period when I can't rush in, but I found it's better to just keep the gun firing until you have absolutely run out of bullets, because you can keep it up for a good 20 seconds before a reload is required. The fact she has such long range means she is great for besieging a choke, since you can throw the shield up for your allies then just sit back and spray the choke non-stop to bring down barriers or punish anyone that might try to move into the choke sight area. I did this to great effect on Hanamura by sitting off in the right side alleyway and just spraying into the opening choke. and later on dominated the last half of Gibralter by staying up on the bridge and just spraying into the area the enemies entered. Her big weakness is that she has very low spread, and her bullets have travel time, meaning fast flankers like Tracer or Sombra destroy her unless you are damn good at compensating.

Speaking of Sombra, holy smokes is she a hard counter to Osira. You see Osira herself isn't that tanky. She reminds me of Rein in that she can go down pretty fast if she does not have her abilities, but where Rein has such close range power allowing him to hammer Sombra at close range if she gets too personal, Osira just becomes a sitting duck when facing a good Sombra. She can even hack your ultimate, turning it off for the duration it normally would be on. If Osira is used often in the meta I can see Sombra becoming way more viable.

Lastly, you can do some cheeky stuff with her gravity ball. Of course there is the usual pulling people off ledges and around corners, like an Ana got a little too friendly with the edge of Hanamura and I sent her for a trip too oblivion, but on the Gibralter fight, I noticed another Osira was weak on health but behind her barrier, so I launched the ball up above her barrier and started firing there, hit alt fire and puller her up into my fire line to her death.

It's "Orisa," which is no doubt a play on OR15-A. She is not an Egyptian god of the dead.
Also, let the Orisa/Bastion shipping...BEGIN!

--Patrick
Yeah my dyslexia kicked in. Whoops.

Even ignoring shipping, I feel Orisa and Bastion will have a lot of synergy. She can give him a personal shield for 20 seconds much like his old beta shield, then go off and distract enemies elsewhere with her toughness ability. She can line up enemies for him with the gravity ball, and her ult is a pretty hefty damage boost. Plus since she is better at spraying chokes with long sustained fire she can help him supress regions of the map.

GasBandit

Staff member
There's a lot of grumbling in the memeways right now that Bastion's changes have made him nigh brokenly powerful.

It does no damage. It's purely a gravity draw.
I've heard that it slows (like a Symmetra turret) as well (via the tether) prior to detonation, but haven't installed the PTR to try it out.
I really want to see what having a Rein/Bastion/Zarya fusion character does, as I can see Orisa replacing any two of them in the meta.

--Patrick