[Gaming] Overwatch (#boycottblizz)

I know people hate loot boxes, but man have I been lucky these days. I ended the event with pretty much all the skins minus Zenyatta by the time it was over, and funny enough, I would have gotten most of them without buying my event starter crates. I got so many legendary dupes in those three weeks. Pretty much made a shit ton of gold.

Then tonight I decided to play and have some amazing games. I think I won 90% of them. Leveled and got two loot boxes, open one...

Legendary Soldier76 skin I don't have.

Wow nice, so open number two...

Legendary Bastion skin I don't have.

New Hero Tease? Possibly.

Though since WC3, Blizzard has had a stance on not letting players kill kids, so be interesting to see if this is just a tease towards a different hero, or she comes back in some other way. Maybe a secret omnic god program disguised as a human girl? She does seem awfully intelligent and good at controlling robots...

I thought Doomfist was next. ... is Doomfist a little girl?
Everyone assumed it was Doomfist, but just a few days ago on the forums Jeff Kaplan said "24 is not who everyone expects." Since everyone expected Doomfist it was pretty much confirmation that it was not him.

I have been thinking a lot about it and I don't think Efi is the hero in the playable sense, but instead is like Ganymede, a character that appears in highlights and victory poses, but not in the game proper. So who will we play?

Omnic Batman

Wait, stay with me here. EFI is supposed to be a genius at robotics and AI, and the part of the interview talking about her going on her first plane ride with her parents is hella ominous. I think the plane is going to crash and her parents are going to die. She breaks down and in her grief she creates an omnic AI super hero to both be a surrogate parent and help her protect the innocent from the same tragedies she recently endured. She uses all her grant money for this venture.

So how will EFI be involved? She will be the Oracle to the omnic Batman, giving valuable data and "supplying" his weapons and skills, which will likely in be gadget and drone based. Their dialog will involve both talking to the other players, EFI through hologram and coms.

Just my theory. They won't have a 11 year take a reaper shotgun to the face.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh look, it's another one of THESE. This one's more accurate than the others I've seen. Not perfect, but more accurate.

[DOUBLEPOST=1487728545,1487728391][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh hey, look, from the old roster poster. Big ass omnic with african accents standing right next to Lucio.
Maybe we're getting some kind of Full Metal African Alchemist?

Also oh hey, the season ended, and I didn't even know the end was near. Good thing I got the rest of my placement matches out of the way. @Dei may be onto something, my rank ended up within 100pts of last season's close.

--Patrick

I earned six loot boxes last night.

All grays and blues, most of which I already had, and then one purple.

I had a blast in the matches I played, so I wasn't bitter, but it's just an example of my terrible loot box luck.

I've been trying to play long enough every night to at least get one loot box. Between the arcade and just normal XP, that's usually about an hour or so (since I'm not playing competitive).
In the last few days, I've gotten epic currency twice, and legendary currency once.

--Patrick

They left out "can you shoot through your own teammates" or "can you one-shot the entire enemy team at once," but yes I groan whenever I'm saddled with McCree in random.

--Patrick

I used to hate playing as McCree until I started getting killed by other players using him to ambush. He's not a bad harasser, I think people get a little gung-ho when they use him and forget that he's squishy as a support hero.

Yeah, his signature move seems to be Stun/Fan/Roll/Fan which is enough burst (565) to kill most any single char (or at least one shot away from death). Even just Stun/Fan is enough to kill every non-tank char so long as he starts with a full cylinder. Other than that, he seems best suited for defending against aerial targets or for picking off enemies from behind cover.

--Patrick