[Gaming] Overwatch (#boycottblizz)

BananaHands

Staff member

Ready for this insane Mercy buff?
Mercy
  • Resurrect
    • While performing a resurrection, Mercy now becomes temporarily invulnerable along with the allies being revived
  • Caduceus Staff
    • Zenyatta can no longer be targeted when Transcendence is active
  • New Hero Option: Guardian Angel Sensitivity
    • Allows players to adjust Guardian Angel’s targeting sensitivity
  • New Hero Option: Beam Sensitivity
    • Allows players to adjust targeting sensitivity on Mercy’s Caduceus Staff beams

BananaHands

Staff member
Bastion
  • Configuration: Sentry
    • Deploy time decreased from 1.5 seconds to 1.0 second
    • Bullet spread increased by 50 percent
    • Bullet spread is always at maximum (it no longer increases as the weapon is fired)
    • Magazine size increased from 200 to 300
    • Headshot damage multiplier has been removed
    • No longer deals critical damage
  • Configuration: Recon
    • Bullet spread decreased by 25 percent
    • Magazine size increased from 20 to 25
  • Self-Repair
    • Can now be used while moving
    • Now bound to secondary fire (formerly Ability 2)
    • No longer interrupted by taking damage
    • A new resource meter has been added that deplete while Self-Repair is active and recharges when not in use
  • Configuration: Tank
    • No longer grants bonus armor
  • Bastion has a new passive: Ironclad
    • Bastion takes 35% less damage while in Sentry or Tank configuration
Developer Comments: The goal of these changes is to move some of Bastion's power from Configuration: Sentry to Recon, while keeping its sentry mode a strong option, especially versus tanks and barriers. Overall, Bastion should feel stronger and more flexible with these changes.

Mystery Heroes leads to a lot of mishaps when teammates don't know how to play the hero they're saddled with, which can lead to a lot of playing against type.

In my case, I normally play Mercy as only healer/attack-up, but last night I probably had more pistol kills with her than the past several months combined.

When did Roadhog ever have a "reign of supremacy?"
It's always either been Zarya/D.Va or Rein/D.Va that I've seen. Roadhog has always been the #3 pick (except for certain maps).

--Patrick

When did Roadhog ever have a "reign of supremacy?"
It's always either been Zarya/D.Va or Rein/D.Va that I've seen. Roadhog has always been the #3 pick (except for certain maps).

--Patrick
He's been almost a guaranteed pick ever since they fixed the hook.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

He's been almost a guaranteed pick ever since they fixed the hook.
Ever since the patch I have seen a Roadhog every game, no question. Even on games where I didn't see a Roadhog at the start, someone always switched to one when their team was losing. I don't play competitive anymore but it's been super jarring in QP and CTF.

Last edited:
Ever since the patch I have seen a Roadhog every game, no question. Even on games where I didn't see a Roadhog at the start, someone always switched to one when their team was losing. I don't play competitive anymore but it's been super jarring in QP and CTF.
Terrik and I were talking about this. They effectively took away his counters when they made the hook more reliable. Giving Reaper and Mei 250 health made them both able to survive the hook. After the change they get 1 shot just like everyone else.

Bastion
Configuration: Sentry
Deploy time decreased from 1.5 seconds to 1.0 second
Bullet spread increased by 50 percent
Bullet spread is always at maximum (it no longer increases as the weapon is fired)
Magazine size increased from 200 to 300
Headshot damage multiplier has been removed
No longer deals critical damage
Configuration: Recon
Bullet spread decreased by 25 percent
Magazine size increased from 20 to 25
Self-Repair
Can now be used while moving
Now bound to secondary fire (formerly Ability 2)
No longer interrupted by taking damage
A new resource meter has been added that deplete while Self-Repair is active and recharges when not in use
Configuration: Tank
No longer grants bonus armor
Bastion has a new passive: Ironclad
Bastion takes 35% less damage while in Sentry or Tank configuration
Developer Comments: The goal of these changes is to move some of Bastion's power from Configuration: Sentry to Recon, while keeping its sentry mode a strong option, especially versus tanks and barriers. Overall, Bastion should feel stronger and more flexible with these changes.

--Patrick

Really want D.Va event skin.

Really don't want to spend real money this event.

Really need to get off this game and start brining the chicken if dinner's going to be any good tonight. >_<

Her palanquin one is the only event-related legendary I've gotten so far this time.
Have 3500 or so gold saved up in case I cave for another one, I guess.

--Patrick
It annoys me how many of this one's skins are legendary and I am he with the cursed loot boxes. I can hardly get an epic most of the time, meanwhile my wife's boxes pour out the good stuff. Same with Hearthstone packs.

Must be witchcraft.

GasBandit

Staff member
Remember when Junkrat was played by someone who sounded like Junkrat?

Well, here's Widowmaker played by someone who sounds like Widowmaker.

There is actually a video where they play together, plus someone that sounds like Genji and Winston. It was very surreal. Wish I still had a link.

Found it. Not bad, though that Torbjorn attempt is terrible.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
What

That's either a 15 year old male who has never touched a female, or a 30 year old male who makes lampshades out of them.

TIL when playing OW I have to learn to keep the heel of my hand off the pad. Sniping is just too hard to do if the North/South axis is restricted that way.

--Patrick

I caved like an asshole and bought loot boxes before the event's end and got exactly what I deserved. Most boxes were just grays and blues, one epic that was Roadhog's POTG intro and the only legendary was a dupe of the only legendary I already had, red Mei.

Gambling for me in this game just isn't worth it.

I made it a point to buy up all the Happiness and Prosperity voice lines I was missing from the event, just like I did for the Hallowe'en event.
I got a bit upset at myself because I realized while doing so that I had forgotten to do so during the Winter event, so I'm missing all those lines. Oh well.

--Patrick