[Gaming] Overwatch (#boycottblizz)

For those that may not know how the new loot box system that was released with Doomfist works, it' pretty straightforward. The probabilities of everything dropping is the same, but now if you get a specific drop quality, and still have items that you can earn of that quality, it will grab from one of those rather then the high chance you may get a dupe.

So say you see the Legendary coin appear, and you have all legendary skins and items except for Goth Zarya, that coin is pretty much going to be Goth Zarya, because it will always pull from the pool of items that quality you don't yet have.

Once you have all the items of a specific quality, any and all hits of that item quality will be duplicates and give you coins instead until new items are added to the pool.

One thing we didn't know was how event items worked, but it looks like they work in their own pool. For instance lets say you have a few more player icons you can earn, but the event starts and now you will get event items. You earn all the new event icons pretty quickly in the new system, but once you get another grey coin that pops as an icon, it won't give you one from the regular pool, but instead an event icon duplicate.

Hope that helps anyone that might have been unsure what changed.

Last edited:
Their fixing the dupe system last month is the only reason I've started collecting more sprays and voice lines. Usually my loot boxes were a handful of gold.

Seeing last Summer Event's items at normal, non-event prices was a nice surprise. Been wanting Tracer's UK outfit for a year and now I finally got it.

I did a little addon of further observation but just ignore it, turns out I was not paying enough attention.

I noticed I was getting a lot of blue skin dupes and didn't remember getting Doomfist or Orisa blues so I though maybe there was some character variance, but turns out the new loot system made sure I actually did get them all, because I went back to look at the new event skins and noticed I do have every blue skin in the game now. Okay then!

FOne thing we didn't know was how event items worked, but it looks like they work in their own pool.
What I noticed was that you were always guaranteed to get at least one of your items pulled from the event pool, with a chance to get additional items pulled from the event pool (I once got 4 event items). However, the rarity of that event item appeared to follow the same odds as any other. So it was like there were two loot rolls...one for "# of event items appearing" followed by the usual rarity rolls for each. I don't know if this pattern has changed.

Also, I've been on vacation since juuuust before the switchover, so...still no Lucío ball for me.

--Patrick

Gods do I ever hate Lucioball.

I just want that one lootbox. I was the only one scoring goals, but still the other team outdid us. If I get that box, it'll be sheer luck.

Lúcioball has ... changed.

It doesn't look like Soundwave bomps other players out of the way any more.
Also, it used to be that Sound Barrier would suck the ball towards you, but now it just gives you a burst of super-speed for about 10 seconds. I got my ultimate and hung back in the goal and...nobody cared. At first I couldn't figure out why, but then it became clear when ZOOOOOOOM.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Lúcioball has ... changed.

It doesn't look like Soundwave bomps other players out of the way any more.
Also, it used to be that Sound Barrier would suck the ball towards you, but now it just gives you a burst of super-speed for about 10 seconds. I got my ultimate and hung back in the goal and...nobody cared. At first I couldn't figure out why, but then it became clear when ZOOOOOOOM.

--Patrick
Yeah, I don't like it as much. Have had some good matches though, but the magic is kinda gone.

I didn't play last year as I was a latecomer to the game, and I never play Lucio. I got the three wins to get the two boxes and that's enough, until the next week. What sucks are the players not doing anything, not even moving, I guess getting XP from 4 minutes in the background while you do something else.

I'm going to power through my 10 placement matches before the end of the season if anyone else is still low enough to queue with me.

--Patrick

I like it. I hated trying to play Mercy and getting yelled at for not hiding and waiting for my team to die.

I'm not crazy about it myself, but it won't stop me from playing Mercy.

I'm concerned about their D.Va thoughts, but I hardly play as her anymore except in random.

This is basically what it's going to come down to. Your gonna hear it non-stop from the Genji and Hanzo mains.

Still better than hearing shit for just PLAYING Zenyatta. "Why you no Mercy? We need REZ."
People already ignore the Genji and Hanzo mains.

Eh, most of Mercy's mechanic was kind of lazy. Push right-click, push left-click, hide and hit Q all while spamming shift on cooldown. I'm hoping this solves some of her SR imbalance as well. Diamond Mercy's with a 46% win rate are annoying.