[Gaming] Overwatch (#boycottblizz)

If you have Twitch Prime, you can get a free golden lootbox with a guaranteed legendary.
Didn't have Twitch Prime, but do have Amazon Prime, so this has now been remedied, and my golden box was 4 items I didn't already have!
...and then my next loot box was another legendary but that one was a duplicate. Oh well.

--Patrick

Right, but not until next month.
Also there are supposed to be other upcoming benefits for Hearthstone, etc.
[DOUBLEPOST=1498065229,1498064838][/DOUBLEPOST]This new low-grav brawl is ridiculous. Everyone is now a parade float, especially Winston.

--Patrick

Now let's see you guys play some low-grav games.

Symmetra, Torb, and Widow seem to be OP in low-grav. Turrets could be ANYWHERE and Widow just picks people off as they drift lazily by. Gotta be careful with the venom mine, though...if you're not careful, it'll just sail off into orbit when you fire it.

--Patrick

I've been running into the most curious bug lately where the game will actually swap my left and right headset speakers WHILE I'M PLAYING.
As people who play this game know, sound cues are VERY important to successful play, so realizing what's going on and manually swapping my headset around wastes several precious seconds.

--Patrick

Aww come on don't hate the console. I don't have an extra grand every few months to upgrade my video card. Unless it would play on my corp Surface hah.

GasBandit

Staff member
Hey, kids! Got FOUR HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS lying around?

Jibbers Crabst. The most I ever spent on a statuette was $70, and that was a 19" Kasumi doing "the pose." Apart from that, I've never spent more than $35 on a figurine/statuette (though I admit I was tempted to get a S76 on Ebay back when I mained him). This is just fucking nuts. All their other statuettes combined are $450. Guess they're looking to land some whales.

I bet they're just sad they couldn't figure out a way to use this to force you to buy more lootboxes full of dupe trash.

つ _ ༽つ Giff Doomfist つ _ ༽つ

2017-07-06.png

2017-07-06 (1).png

2017-07-06 (2).png

2017-07-06 (3).png

2017-07-06 (4).png

So many people are like "OMG HE KILLED TRACER"

Come on guys learn the lore

He broke her Chronal Accelerator and displaced her in time temporally. The flashback takes place when Winston defeated him, and if anyone remembers, the announcement trailer posted years ago took place after that event, while the Doomfist itself is in a museum with Talon attempting to steal it. Tracer shows up there just fine. Stop panicking!

That's basically just the same thing as Zarya and Pharah using their ults, isn't it?
Not exactly.

There are many ways you can mitigate those situations. Have a Zenyatta? If he ults, you can basically keep everyone alive, since the damage is done over time and not unloaded in a huge burst his heal would overtake it. You can also shoot her out of the sky before she finishes the ult. Reinhardt can also block a bit of the damage allowing someone to shoot the Pharah before she unloads all her damage. McCree? Same deal if you block or headshot him before the cast. Hanzo? Zenyatta's ult can power through it's damage. Etc, Etc. Lucio Ult, etc. So on and so forth.

Doomfist is COMPLETELY UNATTACKABLE while in Meteor Strike mode. He leaps up so high no one can even see him, allowing him to line up his attack. The attack also unloads all damage at once at it's epicenter, and IGNORES BARRIERS, meaning if a Zarya and Doomfist queue up, you are dead. A Zenyatta won't save you (since all the damage is frontloaded, the Zenyatta would only save himself), a Reinhardt can't mitigate, and you sure ain't killing the Doomfist before he comes down on your face since he is unattackable. The only one that might succeed to prevent death to everyone in the ult radius is a Lucio ult.

That is the thing, Doomfist's downside to his Ult is that it has a decently long "activate" time once you line up, which also shows the enemy the impact point, giving them time to run and escape or at least move to the outer edge, where the damage is less deadly. If they are held by Zarya though, you won't be escaping that epicenter damage point and there is nothing you can do to stop the Doomfist.

P.S. I also forgot to mention that to often get the most out of those Pharah / Zarya wombo combos, the Pharah needs to position herself in a way that takes the other team by surprise, but this can leave her vulnerable if she is caught trying to flank. A Doomfist using meteor strike has, basically, invulnerable stealth. He can cast it outside the room the attack is happening, fly into the room flying over the heads of all the tanks, and then land right on the healers, with no risk to him until after he finally lands. I saw a pro player even use this to escape death once, by meteor striking then flying all the way back to his team after getting caught in a situation he couldn't win.

Last edited:
Not exactly.

There are many ways you can mitigate those situations. Have a Zenyatta? If he ults, you can basically keep everyone alive, since the damage is done over time and not unloaded in a huge burst his heal would overtake it. You can also shoot her out of the sky before she finishes the ult. Reinhardt can also block a bit of the damage allowing someone to shoot the Pharah before she unloads all her damage. McCree? Same deal if you block or headshot him before the cast. Hanzo? Zenyatta's ult can power through it's damage. Etc, Etc. Lucio Ult, etc. So on and so forth.

Doomfist is COMPLETELY UNATTACKABLE while in Meteor Strike mode. He leaps up so high no one can even see him, allowing him to line up his attack. The attack also unloads all damage at once at it's epicenter, and IGNORES BARRIERS, meaning if a Zarya and Doomfist queue up, you are dead. A Zenyatta won't save you (since all the damage is frontloaded, the Zenyatta would only save himself), a Reinhardt can't mitigate, and you sure ain't killing the Doomfist before he comes down on your face since he is unattackable. The only one that might succeed to prevent death to everyone in the ult radius is a Lucio ult.

That is the thing, Doomfist's downside to his Ult is that it has a decently long "activate" time once you line up, which also shows the enemy the impact point, giving them time to run and escape or at least move to the outer edge, where the damage is less deadly. If they are held by Zarya though, you won't be escaping that epicenter damage point and there is nothing you can do to stop the Doomfist.
Lucio ult does counter it. Plus a bunch of individual heroes have moves to negate zaryas ult. Zarya ult/dva bomb is similar. The impressive part of that clip is the perfect timing. He hits immediately.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Lucio ult does counter it. Plus a bunch of individual heroes have moves to negate zaryas ult. Zarya ult/dva bomb is similar. The impressive part of that clip is the perfect timing. He hits immediately.
The issue is that there is few ways to really block it. Even the DVA combo has ways to negate it, like a Rein barrier positioned to block the blast, or maybe you have a lone roadhog that takes the death for the team by hooking the suit away if he isn't caught in the surge, etc. Almost all of these combos have at least two or three ways to counter the attack, ignoring just blocking the graviton surge.

The issue I have with the Doomfist combo is you only have Lucio's ult. There is no other ways to counter that combo if you get stuck in the surge. That is where my concern is.