[Gaming] Overwatch (#boycottblizz)

With the Overwatch beta being back, a new wave of invites sent out, and me actually getting one, I'm curious who else is playing?

And so this post isn't so empty, here's a video of some sweet McCree play.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I missed out on an invite again, but I've watched my brother play and it looks like a blast. I'm really stoked to play Reinhardt, Hanzo and Mei. Zenyatta and Pharah look fun, too.

GasBandit

Staff member
It amazes me that Dunkey can get anyone but randoms to play games with him.

Still, though, that shit is hilarious.
He's got a regular crew, and none of them give any shits. Also apparently his girlfriend Leahbee is a real life walking anime character. She's got her own youtube channel where the two of them play children's boardgames and stuff... it's... I don't know if it's unsettling, or mesmerizing, or what.

My brother used to watch a LoL streamer who had a girl just like that on his games all the time. She was the same odd caricature, with cartoony high voice and everything.

This is why Reinhardt is awesome. Full disclosure, this was a bot game, because when you get salty with pubs sometimes you just need to obliterate some AI.

This is why Reinhardt is awesome. Full disclosure, this was a bot game, because when you get salty with pubs sometimes you just need to obliterate some AI.
Yes I love Reinhardt. Him and Lucio are two of my go to guys.

You can tell a good Reinhardt by how he utilizes his charge. Did you know that when two opposing Reinhardts charge into each other, they both take damage and knock each other down? It's a great way on defense to stop a pushes momentum, and can even be used to save pinned allies. I did that actually just tonight when I saw an ally get charged in Hanamura. I lined up and was able to hit my charge into his, saving the pinned Winston before they got to the wall, and even killed him in the collision since he was already weak.

One of my favorite plays in recent memory was another defense on Hanamura, when a D.Va used her ultimate (the self destruct) in the middle of the objective room. Once I heard her activate it, I turned, charged the soon-to-be exploding mech into a corner (yes you can move the mech as is explodes), and once it hit the wall I quickly put up my shield to block in the corner. The bomb went off and obliterated my shield, but due to my corner repositioning and shield block, not a single ally died in the middle room and I got back to defending with just a scratch.

If pre-ordering could get me into the beta I would do it as soon as I get paid again.

Regardless, though, I'll probably buy into this game. The more video I watch, the more fun it looks.

I wonder if the composer for this was the same guy from Wall-E, Thomas Newman. The opening music sounds a lot like the Wall-E soundtrack.

Also come on Metzen, let someone else do a voice once in awhile.