[Brazelton] Omar Sharif

Dave

Staff member
I must admit I've never seen anything he's been in except Funny Girl when I was a kid. And I really didn't give a shit about Funny Girl. We watched it on TV. Back then we only had three channels and no cable, so when my mom wanted to watch it I was kinda stuck.

So, I hear he was good, but I have no first hand knowledge of his acting chops.

I must admit I've never seen anything he's been in except Funny Girl when I was a kid. And I really didn't give a shit about Funny Girl. We watched it on TV. Back then we only had three channels and no cable, so when my mom wanted to watch it I was kinda stuck.

Wow, you've never seen Lawrence of Arabia? You should, Doctor Zhivago isn't too bad either.

Definitely watch Lawrence of Arabia. He had one of the best entrances of all time, I'd say #3. After Robin Hood beating a man with a dead deer and Darth Vader entering the blockade runner.

I saw Lawrence of Arabia when it was making the restored/rerelease rounds. It truly is an epic picture, and he does make quite an entrance.
I know he was having trouble with dementia or something that was cutting into his bridge-ability as well.
...but I will remember him mostly for this role:
600full-omar-sharif.jpg

--Patrick

Indeed, watch Lawrence of Arabia, it's great and wonderful.
Rest in Peace, Omar. Sherif Ali.

Also, lest we never forget that Antonio Banderas would have been lost without his interpreter in The Thirteenth Warrior!

Indeed, watch Lawrence of Arabia, it's great and wonderful.
Rest in Peace, Omar. Sherif Ali.

Also, lest we never forget that Antonio Banderas would have been lost without his interpreter in The Thirteenth Warrior!
Omar considered The Thirteenth Warrior so terrible that he quit acting for about a decade. I rather liked it though.

Omar considered The Thirteenth Warrior so terrible that he quit acting for about a decade. I rather liked it though.
Oh, I did not know that.
I'm rather fond of that movie, more for the vikings than the arab. Vladimir Kulich as Buliwyf especially. And I love that interpretation scene for it's 'realism'.