[PC Game] Old Games and Windows 10

Does anyone know how backwards compatible the new Windows (that I supposedly will be able to get for free because I own Windows 7) is? The the only thing Windows 10 Games googling gets me is a bunch of hooting about cross platform comparability and live streaming and other thing I care only very little about. What I want to know is will the games that run on my Win 7 professional still run if I upgrade. I have some really old games. Not just WinXP or Win 95 old. But needs DosBox old.

Dosbox should still be Dosbox (it's an app, after all). No idea whether or not things like sound will still work, though.
You might try asking the folks over at GoG, I bet they've already done some testing.

--Patrick

There's always a possibility of a hiccup, but generally speaking, if you're moving from Vista or higher, you'll have no problems.

This will be even more true after a month or so when everybody has their drivers worked out 100%.

GOG claims they have 85% of their games ready to work on Win10 - most compatibility issues aren't any better or worse than Win8. That said, backwards compatibility is the reason I'm waiting for a month or so 'till newer drivers are out that ought to cause less problems.
Anything that runs in an emulator such as DOSBox should keep working - it's mostly the *newer* games that require Win7 or Vista that might have problems, really.

No rush getting Windows 10, at least until that free upgrade deadline comes up.
I should listen to the wise man from the North*, but did I? NOOOOOO!

* - Actually, Jay, I'm not entirely sure you're "north" of me, since I'm just a degree north of the 45th Parallel... so.

I haven't had an issue yet, other than complaining that my start menu looks like a Windows tablet now. But I didn't screw with it too much today.

There's been some significant bench-tests done between 8.1 and 10 and the difference in performance is about 1% better. AMD is slightly better at about 3%.

No rush folks, just wait some time. Drivers and performances will be improved and bugs squashed.

What I want is a major tweak guide to remove tabletitis from Windows 10 and make it look like 7.