Oh hey! A buddy of mine is in the news!

Fun. Well, we all have had those people in our lives. I was good friends with two guys who later turned out to be rapists. FUN THING TO LEARN.

Dave

Staff member
My only hope is: He has two younger boys. If they had used his laptop he might be unaware. But I just don’t know.

On the one hand, he got caught. On the other hand, having worked in both cine and IT, I'm amazed at how people like this get caught because they don't follow the most basic of opsec.

--Patrick

Oh jeez, Dave. That's awful. Similarly, I decided to look up an ex-boyfriend a few years ago, just out of weird curiosity. Found out that he had been arrested for sex assault on a minor. Also for violating his parole and the sex offender laws in my home state several times afterward. I felt like dousing myself in bleach and drinking some to be sure I was clean.

On the one hand, he got caught. On the other hand, having worked in both cine and IT, I'm amazed at how people like this get caught because they don't follow the most basic of opsec.

--Patrick
Pretty sure they're too busy/distracted with uh... other things.

Dave

Staff member
Yup. Which is the ONLY reason I am reserving even the smallest amount of doubt. I mean, if it was one of his boys maybe he was trying to get rid of it. Or he had a virus that downloaded it.

Or maybe his wife was getting suspicious and he was destroying evidence. Or he was afraid he was going to get caught.

I just don't know enough to totally cut the guy out of my life. But he IS cut out of my life until I find out.

Dave

Staff member
Right?!? A mutual friend of ours were talking and that smirk came up. Even if you were innocent would you be smiling?!?