Official 2012 Happy Holidays HF Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I hope you guys have a great holidays and enjoy spending time with your loved ones.

What are you guys planning?

We're going to open our gifts tonight since we'll be busy on the 23, 24 and 25 and we're not doing anything today.

Perfect timing!

We would like to celebrate Yule, which was yesterday, but unfortunately yesterday was the suckiest day I've had in a while. But it snowed and didn't stick, so we got the prettiness without the work.

We won't be opening presents or anything until we do Christmas with my aunts and cousins at their house on Christmas morning. We'll be sleeping over the night before while I fill their heads with fears of Krampus to ensure good behavior. Worked well last year.

Driving 6hrs to spend 2 days with my In-Laws..... yay.

Also funds were so tight this year that we only got presents for the kids and nothing for each other.... double yay.

Hanging out at home with my husband and kids, making cookies, getting last minute things taken care of, and watching Christmas specials on tv. Hopefully we'll get to go to the beach on Christmas.

Since I'm going to be offline all next week, I really just want to wish everyone the merriest of Christmases! My in-laws are taking the family to Disneyland next week (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before - I'm to excited to shut up about it..)!

I celebrated with my family today and Nate and I opened our gifts to each other this morning.

I hope everyone gets to celebrate with somone they love, at least. Be it family, spouse, kids, partner, friends, or even a roommate. You all deserve happiness in your lives and I hope you get it in one way or another.

I love you all! :heart:

North_Ranger

Staff member
I was planning to spend Christmas Eve with my parents at my sister's house - but unfortunately both my niece and nephew came down with a cold, and now my sister and her husband are ill. So it's going to be me and my parents, then... They're gonna come over in the morning, we'll watch the Declaration of Christmas Peace on television and enjoy some rice porridge and board games. For the evening we'll head over to my parents' place on the other side of town for Christmas dinner and open presents.

All things considered, sounds like a good Christmas to me.

I'll be taking Jun to Hangzhou and Ningbo for Christmas and doing a video chat w/the family for Christmas morning. The journey starts tomorrow morning.

Getting ready to go to bed so I can drive 3 hours to be with Kati & Co.
After this I will drive 3hrs back with them so we can spend time together on this side of the State.
Afterwards I will drive them 3hrs back and then make the 3hr trip back home so I can be ready to go to work on Wed.
Thanks a bunch for hiking your prices, Amtrak. Why not just close?

EDIT: Whoops! Sorry, not the rant thread.

Hey, all! I'm going to make sure my 3yr-old enjoys his first "actual" (i.e., non-infant) Holiday surrounded by his parents and family who love him, and I hope you and your family(-ies) get to spend some quality time together, as well. Warm beverages and communal recreation to all!

--Patrick

B

BErt

Happy Holidays, Halforums. Thanks for giving me an internet home the last 4+ years, you guys are seriously the best.

I will be working Christmas Eve from 8pm through to Christmas Morning at 6am. I'll do my damnedest to stay awake for Rhiannon to open the bounty that we got for her, and see what I can open for myself too (my big present was my old service pistol that I bought back, but I haven't been able to get a hold of the armorer to pick it up), then rack out for a while. And I will not have to work at ALL that day - no evenings, no going in for a midnight gig... nothing. Merry Christmas!

I read it and was wondering whether it was actually "Doom CHurch" or just something like the German "Dom" (cathedral). I think I'd have liked it better if it had actually been Doom Church :p

Working tomorrow (24th), in the evening we go to my parents', than drive back the 25th, alone with my girlfriend, and we're both working early the 26th (5am early), so...Yay.
Lucky I'm not working the New Year's Eve night shif...oh...ah. Hmm. Well, I'll have to enjoy time somewhere in between :p

Cajungal

Staff member
Going to my aunt's tonight for wine, merriment, gifts, games, and the most deliciously perfect pecan tarts. I love my family so much. :)

North_Ranger

Staff member
Okay... It's two and a half hours into Christmas Eve over here, and I think I'll go and hit the hay. Merry Christmas, everybody!

I'm working until noon tomorrow; then going to the grocery store to pick up last-minute necessities. Once I get home, I'm turning off the phone, boarding up the doors/windows, putting out the "Beware of the Doomweasels" signs, and cooking/watching MST3K/doing some doomweasel bowling until I have to go back on January 3rd.

You get about a dozen empty pop bottles and place them at the end of a hallway. You then flip a doomie onto his back and slide him down the hallway into the empty pop bottles. The noise from the flying pop bottles makes them even crazier than they normally are and you usually get a couple of "helpers" in the process.

Hope you all have a great holiday! I'm totally looking forward to the food and family in the next couple days.

North_Ranger

Staff member
You get about a dozen empty pop bottles and place them at the end of a hallway. You then flip a doomie onto his back and slide him down the hallway into the empty pop bottles. The noise from the flying pop bottles makes them even crazier than they normally are and you usually get a couple of "helpers" in the process.
This must be recorded and YouTubed. Now.[DOUBLEPOST=1356347731][/DOUBLEPOST]Also... Christmas Peace has been declared. The Doom Church sleeps again... for another year...

Status
Not open for further replies.