October Artist of the Month! PHIL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Sorry I'm so late on this! I totally forgot about the AotM stuff with everything going on! But here's Phil!!

WE DID IT! is an Austin based sketch comedy group. We started meeting in December of 2008 and have been uploading videos since March. The group itself has fluctuated a bit, as some people have moved and new blood has come in. Currently, it consists of Sean McCoy, Sean Hardaway, MK Harrison, Anthony Herrera, Jeffry Alfero and me, Phil Rigney. Former members, now living in New York, include Nick Grant and Robert Musseman III

At first we weren't quite sure what we all wanted out of this experience, and just put out whatever we could reguardless of quality. After getting over the hype of just having something out there we started to get more focus in our work and strived for a higher level of quality, while still maintaining a good quantity of material. I feel that the level of improvement over time really shows in comparison from our first sketch to our most recent works, which I'll showcase a bit of later.

At the start of this summer, we ended what we've come to call Season one and have just recently launched season 2. With season 2 we've decided to go in a new direction and with a new format. We will be doing one ~10 minute webisode per month, instead of releasing one sketch a week. We've released our September episode and have already filmed the intro for our Halloween episode, which should be released around the 27th of this month.

As for the showcase of our work, I've selected what I personally think are our better sketches, but I want to show them in a bit of a cronilogical order to highlight what I said earlyer about us learning and getting better as we go. Comments are welcomed and apprechiated. We're always looking for constructive criticisms of our work and what you like/don't like, think we did well or botched. What do you think needs improvement, and what about it do you like?

Anyway, here they are. I hope you enjoy them and I thank you for watching.

This first one I want to show is what we consider our first legit sketch. It's called Squeeze.

This next one was a few weeks later, and was one of our favorite sketches to film. Enjoy Bokers Likor

This next one is a personal favorite of ours, and took us quite some time to film. I've always considered it our "epic" sketch. Do androids dream of electric AIDS?

This one here has seemed to get a pretty positive responce. I'd like to see what some people here think of it. Rick Doesn't give a Fuck.

This one just makes me LOL hard. Come on, Get on him!

Another commerchal, but I feel it does something right. Fart Markers

Finally, the last sketch of seasn one. Hitchhicker

So that brings us up to almost up to date. These next two are part of the same episode, just broken up due to a 10 minute limit on Youtube.

Part one, of "Up Close"

Part two, feature a lot more me

So that's all that I have to show you right now. I hope you enjoyed it and again, thank you for watching. If you liked what you saw, you can follow us with these:

Youtube page

Facebook fanpage

Thanks again, and I hope you stick around for the holloween episode.

He does not! We considered doing a follow up about how Rick's cat also does not give a fuck...but really what cat does?

Ross

Staff member
He does not! We considered doing a follow up about how Rick's cat also does not give a fuck...but really what cat does?
That would still be hilarious to see, though. Just some guys talking around a cat, and the cat just sitting there in silence.

My imagination says that it's a go!

So this made me LOL

On Something Aweful, there's apparently some kinda thread about posting weird pictures from facebook. Someone posted a screen cap that we had posted on our fan page to that thread. My roommate saw it, and posted a link to part 1 of the new episode, where the screenshot was taken from. So now part 1 of the episode has 100+ extra views than part 2. They just did not want to continue.

Granted, it was not really the kind of thread where you post a link to two separate 6 minute videos, but still. It was funny to me.

We think we might post to the area where you post things and get constructive criticism back, just to see if we can get some more feedback.

A screen shot of our Stand By Me sketch for the Halloween episode!

From left to right: Me, Jeff, and MK

This is why we call ourselves WE DID IT!

Because we got this out just in time to still be considered on time.

While I feel some of the haste of editing can be seen, the overall episode should be pretty good. I'm really proud of this. Also, I'm in it a shit ton.

PS

I think shego will like the intro

:heart::yo: I appreciate the kind words!

As a webisode, what did you like or dislike in comparison to the last one? Do you think we should stick with this format, as opposed to individual sketches?

Status
Not open for further replies.