Obama to end "don't ask, don't tell" policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poking holes in the opposing viewpoint is the only way to debate. Otherwise you are just reciting your feelings.
I agree on this. Unfortunately, people carry this tactic too far. Then the focus of the debate is lost to a wave of conjecture, personal attacks, and biased views.

As this trend continues. It is as though resolving the issue loses importance as people only care whether they are right or wrong. Once this happens, any meaningful discourse is routed.

Cajungal

Staff member
There are people who protest women in the military for just that reason, however. Ann Coulter is one of them.

It's the holier than thou attitude we're getting at, stien.
Maybe you truly don't see it, but it's always there, always.
wow steinman you are one smug, holier-than-thou motherfucker.
But seriously this is so fucking condescending, steinman. It's unbelievable.
Where do I sign up for my "be an ignorant ass and get away with it scott free" card that Steinman apparently has?
Stienman's words are ... caustic and hate-filled.
I honestly feel that steinman was being a smug and condescending prick
Steinman is the best troll ever.
I am honestly and truly very very sorry. I meant no offense at any time. It was never my intention to troll. I was not purposefully being condescending. Usually when I start offending people I can step away from the thread for a few days and the conversation will move on, but it appears that in this case my offense was too great.

To avoid further speculation: I believe the ban on gays serving in the military should be lifted.

Again, I apologize, and will leave you alone.

-Adam

K

Kitty Sinatra

Don't leave!

Anyway, just because this thread needs a breather let me go off topic momentarily: Adam, is your little signature picture set up as a personal emoticon?

Dude, I have many, many times accidentally pissed people off, and most of those times I couldn't even claim to have voiced an opinion on a touchy subject.

I've pissed people off talking about hard-boiled eggs.

I think if we had got to your point a little earlier instead of running away with the example, maybe folks would have been a little less willing to fire all guns. Or maybe not.

Either way, no need for you to leave.

K

Kitty Sinatra

I really doubt he's leaving; just bowing out of this thread.

My reply was a joking over-exaggeration (And I almost mentioned some recent departees but changed my mind, deciding this thread was already flamey enough)

Also, Adam PMed me. Yes, it's a personal emoticon. Y'know, if anyone actually cares.

Don't leave!
no need for you to leave.
Thanks for the thought, but please don't turn this into the stienman thread. I'm just leaving this thread alone, not the forum.

I've discussed a single point 3 different ways and it's been refuted in ways that don't leave room for more discussion. Even if I was not offensive, I would still have nothing worth posting left to say about the subject.

-Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.