[News] NYPD run down a petty thief with their car, charge grieving mother for the dent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would fucking love for police officers to go to a criminal trial more often and have them get proven innocent!
...Pet peeve: No one is "proven innocent", except in those cases where wrongful convictions are overturned due to new evidence that rules them out as a suspect much less a perpetrator. The phrase you're looking for is "not guilty". The distinction is important because "innocent" means that you didn't do it and "not guilty" might mean that they simply couldn't prove you did it (See: O.J. Simpson).

Actually, since we're talking about the NYPD, I'm leaning towards agreeing with Charlie, at least in terms of increased scrutiny and a transparent investigation.

I'm not calling all, or even most of, the members of NYPD trigger-happy or corrupt, but there is a long history of abusive behavior tied to the NYPD. This is a police force that came out of the bad old days by literally outnumbering the bad guys with force one block at a time, and as a result, overwhelming police power is part of their organizational DNA.

The officers involved here should absolutely get their day in court. But before that, the process that determines whether they need their day in court in the first place has to be transparent.

lmao, yes someone stealing paving stones from a rich dude's lawn deserves to get murdered with a motor vehicle
Might want to read the article closer Charlie, he was stealing from his neighbors, his own housing unit. The article is still missing many important elements as to the circumstances of how he was hit.

GasBandit

Staff member
Seems to me communities generally end up with the police they deserve. Perhaps the true sentiment here should not be "F da police," but rather "F New York."

Might want to read the article closer Charlie, he was stealing from his neighbors, his own housing unit. The article is still missing many important elements as to the circumstances of how he was hit.
Not that it matters. Stealing from rich people is still bad.

anne-hathaway-selina-kyle-catwoman-the-dark-knight-rises.jpg

There's a storm coming, Mr. Wayne. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.

GasBandit

Staff member
View attachment 8430

There's a storm coming, Mr. Wayne. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
Big words from somebody UNDER MY BUMPER. I'll sue your mother for damage to said bumper, too, btw.

I refuse to believe anyone would do something as heartless as running down a woman as hot as Anne Hathaway.

Oh yeah? Well I refuse to believe you refuse to believe.
Oh YEAH??? Well I refuse to believe you're actually refusing to believe my refusal to believe. I think it's more likely you DO believe I believe what I believe, but actually refuse to admit you believe I believe my set of beliefs. I refuse to believe that someone would refuse to believe my beliefs are validly believed. I simply refuse.

Oh YEAH??? Well I refuse to believe you're actually refusing to believe my refusal to believe. I think it's more likely you DO believe I believe what I believe, but actually refuse to admit you believe I believe my set of beliefs. I refuse to believe that someone would refuse to believe my beliefs are validly believed. I simply refuse.
horror.jpg

I know a guy is dead and should feel sad, but the first thought that came to my mind was "Wow...corrupt police. What a shocker." First thing to go when I conquerate the world: The entire Police system.

Good luck with that.
Thank you! Will definitely be hard, need weapons, the dark forces, zines, loyal followers( I could easily get stupid minions but I've seen how that turns out) and a trans-dimensional hyper walrus. I know, why do I bother expecting a popular zine to come out of this? Well I guess I'm a dreamer.

If you're conquering, wouldn't they go before?
Not if he conquers through bloodless means.

Like when I conquer the world, I'm going to infect the world water supply with a toxin, and then withhold the antidote until everyone surrenders.

Did I say "when?" I meant "if." Yeah.

If you're conquering, wouldn't they go before?
The conquests before I conquer the world count as me conquering the world...I think. The wording is confusing there I'll admit.

For policemen I wouldn't KILL all of them, I would...review them. Search through the ones that are truly earnest and the ones that use the badge for evil purposes...will not be missed. Yeeeeeeeeeeees.

Stop & Frisk is an abomination in general, and made particularly fucking stupid by the fact that NYC's crime rate is actually quite low.

I'm amazed it hasn't been smacked down by the courts yet. It's blatantly unconstitutional.
The problem is there is a lot of support for the program from older (as in residents trend older) more affluent neighborhoods who remember what NYC was like before 1990 and associate the drop in crime rate with things like stop & frisk. And since the program is oriented around impoverished neighborhoods with historically higher rates of crime, the racism/profiling angle is much harder to prove.

The problem is there is a lot of support for the program from older (as in residents trend older) more affluent neighborhoods who remember what NYC was like before 1990 and associate the drop in crime rate with things like stop & frisk. And since the program is oriented around impoverished neighborhoods with historically higher rates of crime, the racism/profiling angle is much harder to prove.
Yeah, but public support doesn't change the fact that this law would get tossed out by a court on constitutional grounds. I see in the article they mention pending legal challenges, so I imagine that exact thing will happen in the next few months.

Yeah, but public support doesn't change the fact that this law would get tossed out by a court on constitutional grounds. I see in the article they mention pending legal challenges, so I imagine that exact thing will happen in the next few months.
It doesn't change whatever the court result would be, but it absolutely affects what gets in line first, especially at the federal level. We can hope that change is coming soon, but there have been lawsuits around stop & frisk at varying levels for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.