[Brazelton] Norm Macdonald

Dave

Staff member
WHAT THE FUCK?!?

Oh shit. Whoa. I had no idea he was sick. This one fucking sucks.

Damn. I loved his Netflix show. Was hoping he would get another shot. He was definitely under appreciated.

I'll always remember when Norm Macdonald was on celebrity millionaire. He got all the way to the last question, knew it was either A or B (or whatever) and was like 60/40 split in his mind.

Regis talked him out of the answer he was leaning on and I got so mad when he ended up being right and would have won the million.

Last edited:

fade

Staff member
Aww, I really liked this guy. His delivery was one of my favorites. Apparently he had cancer for the last 9 years, and just didn't share it publicly.

This is terrible news. Sure liked his comedy, and his "doesn't give a shit" persona. He was great on SNL, and loved all his panel interviews.

Norm was a complicated dude and most of those complications weren't...great. He was still easily one of the funniest comedians of all time with an absolutely unique delivery.

RIP

I liked him most in SNL's Sarcasm 101. Chandler Bing is ostensibly the star of the skit, but Norm steals the show.

That's because this interview was around 1998, and the last time anyone ever heard of Courtney Thorne-Smith.

Looks like she actually had a pretty solid career on tv after that debacle: Ally McBeal, According to Jim, Two and a Half Men.

She also made a guest appearance on Norm's tv show.

Looks like she actually had a pretty solid career on tv after that debacle: Ally McBeal, According to Jim, Two and a Half Men.

She also made a guest appearance on Norm's tv show.
Yeah, I was just reading about that on Wikipedia. I haven't seen any of those shows, so she slipped under my radar.

I still had no real idea who he was...until I watched the tweet above and heard his voice AH now I know who it is.

--Patrick

Norm was always interesting to watch because he genuinely seemed to be telling the jokes for himself, and if no one else got it he was pretty comfortable with that.