[Brazelton] Noooo! Gene Wilder dead at 83.

Nooooooooooo! I know he was getting up there in years.....:(

If heaven/the afterlife exists, I guess he can be together again with Gilda.

Dave

Staff member
Bear with me here when I say this. I'm kinda glad he died. Not because I hate him or anything - I love the guy. But he' had Alzheimer's for years and has really gone down hill. Google some of the last pictures of him and prepare to be sad. He and his family had to have been going through some hell lately. It's sad that he's gone, but he's no longer in any pain, regardless of how you feel about an afterlife.

edit: Don't click this link unless you want to see some of his last public pictures. http://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/607631/Willy-Wonka-Gene-Wilder-frail-age-82-wife-US-Open

So sad. He was a genius at comedy, his delivery and timing were amazing. Young Frankenstein is one of my favorite movies. :(

I still haven't watched Young Frankenstein; I will amend that this weekend.

I remember years ago seeing him appear on a show my mom was watching and going "holy shit, it's Gene Wilder" because it'd been so long since seeing him, and it's been long since even then. May he be at peace.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is one of the earliest movies I remember watching.

It's the film the teachers broke out just before the Christmas holidays because they couldn't be bothered coming up with lessons that close to to the end of the school year.

And I goddamn loved it.