Nintendo Switch Thread

It's (N64) one of the worst I've ever used regularly, that's for sure. Didn't help that the stick wore out super fast and became pretty unresponsive.

All-time, though, I'd say CD-i's default "controller."

Nah, it's pretty much the same as the TRS-80 joystick, which I spent countless hours on as a kid.

Loved my Trash-80.

Dungeons of Daggorath was my shit.

GasBandit

Staff member
Nah, it's pretty much the same as the TRS-80 joystick, which I spent countless hours on as a kid.

Loved my Trash-80.

Dungeons of Daggorath was my shit.

Hrmph, try playing Ninja with that joystick, and then show me the bloody shreds where your thumb used to be.

Though seriously, Dungeons of Daggorath was awesome. The heartbeat, the sudden high pitched sounds of spiders and rattles of the snakes. Magic. This game was pure tension.

[DOUBLEPOST=1484982671,1484982440][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, you used the keyboard, and not the controller to play.

We truly take self-centering joysticks for granted these days.
If you ever get that screwed up, it can be "interesting" to fix it. FYI, make sure you're not holding the stick off-center on your pad when it first gets its power on. In some cases, that will be read as the "center" of it until the next time the power comes on.

Others don't have this problem.

figmentPez

Staff member
If you ever get that screwed up, it can be "interesting" to fix it. FYI, make sure you're not holding the stick off-center on your pad when it first gets its power on. In some cases, that will be read as the "center" of it until the next time the power comes on.
I seem to remember there's a button combination on Gamecube to reset the centering... *googles* Ah, hold X, Y, & Start for 3 seconds to recenter the joysticks. (And there are different button combinations on the Wii) Not sure if any other consoles can do this.

I seem to remember there's a button combination on Gamecube to reset the centering... *googles* Ah, hold X, Y, & Start for 3 seconds to recenter the joysticks. (And there are different button combinations on the Wii) Not sure if any other consoles can do this.
I'd bet on it. When I wrote my original post I remembered there was SOME system I had which had instructions on how to re-center, but didn't remember which, so I appreciate the extra info.

While the Nintendo presentation kind of muddled the selling points of the system behind Nintendo being weird stuff I must say they are really nailing it with the commercials themselves

While the Nintendo presentation kind of muddled the selling points of the system behind Nintendo being weird stuff I must say they are really nailing it with the commercials themselves

Nintendo has a long history of going after the bathroom demographic

Stress tests are showing 3 hours for the Switch battery. That's across the board--it uses the same amount of battery whether you're playing a game or just have the Switch on. I guess that's refreshing versus 3DS's "it all depends on what you're doing" range of hours, but at the same time feels silly.

Whatever for me personally. By the time I get one they'll have upgraded the battery to 4-5 hours and that'll be more than how long I want to play a game non-stop at home when it isn't Dark Souls or Hearthstone.

I have several battery packs from when I went hard on pokemon go in the summer and my average commute each day works out to just over 2 hours so I'm not too worried about that battery life to be honest. I ended up ordering a usb 3ds charger as it is because I found that thing dying on the tail end of 2 hours as well when actually playing something. Mine is also quite old though.

When I eventually get a Switch, I plan to buy everything digitally, because I will NEVER be able to keep track of those things. (See also why I buy all my 3ds games digitally)

In a strange turn of events, I just came back from a Nintendo Switch midnight event with a Switch in my hands, along with a pro controller and the collectors edition of Zelda.

Lets be honest, this:

zeldascire.png

Has a lot to do with it. 62 reviews with a 98% average. GG nintendo.

0303170025.jpg

I actually wanted the Red/Blue version, but the guy in front of me jacked the last one. I think I can live with Grey, though.

0303170025a.jpg

Collectors edition box is like 2x the size of the console box.
1.png

2.png

The collectors edition comes with a coin, map, soundtrack, game, and switch carrying case

3.png

0303170027a.jpg

0303170028.jpg

Welp, time to fire this up and see what its like.

Squee.

I ordered one from Walmart that I'll get on Tuesday. And it'll be red/blue :p I think my Wii U Zelda from Amazon is going to get delayed since it's said shipping soon all day, but we'll see.

Dave

Staff member
I don't want a Switch but I want to buy one for my son. Trouble is, he'll probably have one before he gets home in May. So I have to figure out which game to get him for his birthday.

You could cancel it anyway.

Amazon says they're sold out on Wii U copies, so there's a possibility they ran out of stock but kept taking pre-orders because even they can't guess what Nintendo is going to do.
I couldn't cancel because it said shipping soon, but I got a notification that it was delayed and an email with the shipping number at the same time, so according to that number it's already out for delivery. So yeah, something at Amazon fucked up, but it should get here.

I couldn't cancel because it said shipping soon, but I got a notification that it was delayed and an email with the shipping number at the same time, so according to that number it's already out for delivery. So yeah, something at Amazon fucked up, but it should get here.
I'd check the tracking number through the delivery company's site. They are ahead of Amazon's tracking sometimes. Then there was that one time where I didn't get a tracking number until 5 hours after the parcel was delivered.

It's already out for delivery. Amazon didn't even give me the tracking number until that last nonsense.

I'm about 4 hours in to Zelda and the switch. Have to say, I'm pleased. I'm a huge Zelda fan, so I'm biased, but I feel like the game was worth the price of admission. Remember when I bought the Wii U, then a couple days later returned it and got a PS4? I feel the complete opposite of that this time around. Its a joy to play. Lets see if I feel the same 30 hours in.
And then it will languish for months until something else worthy comes out. ;)

And then it will languish for months until something else worthy comes out. ;)
Yeah, but I was counting on that.

Mass effect comes out, another fire emblem comes out, not to mention I dont own Mario Kart 8, so that might be a purchase, plus the PS4 Horizon Zero is supposed to be great, and to top it all off, Dawn of War III hits this year. I AM GAMING PREPARED.

Also, if all fails, I can always fall back on the putrid pile of festering gaming experience known as Overwatch with @Snuffleupagus