Nintendo Switch Thread

Lol Germany wants 2400 gold for peace. Dude you wasted 6 units to kill a catapult.
This is what pisses me off the most about Civ. One time in Civ 3, I had a whole continent to myself, and wasn't participating at all with the others. I had to spend increasing amounts of money just so that others wouldn't go to war with me. For... nothing? I basically said "ya go nuts" and killed any of their naval units if they were at war with me at the time and basically ignored them the rest of the time.

Then one nation found the ONE SQUARE on my continent that didn't have my culture making it "my" territory. And founded a city. Which I then took over, making my continent secure again.

Their continent was then mine (including their neighbor, who stupidly stayed at war with me after I rolled over his former enemy). Then the other pair of civilizations (who were still at war with each other as well) also declared war with me for NOT bribing them with money for... peace? Isn't that just extortion? So then I had a conquest victory.

Greece/China declared war on me 5 times last game, and I'm the warmonger? I declared once against Egypt before we had met any othe civilizations.

Greece annoyed me so much I razed every city of theirs located on the border with their expansionist neighbour.

Lol Germany wants 2400 gold for peace. Dude you wasted 6 units to kill a catapult.
They settled for 1 gold and acted like a boss.

Germany losses: 4 knights, 2 swordsmen, 2 pokemon 2 catapults, 1 builder

My losses: 1 catapult (I'm in the modern age)

And guess what happened 30 turns later?

They did a "blind team race" of Mario Maker 1 levels at GDQ last year that was GLORIOUS. They had teams of 3, all of whom had never seen the levels they were racing on, so when your teammate (or your rival's team) died, it was hugely beneficial to be seeing what they did or did not do to try and "get past" whatever killed them.

I hope this game produces spectacles just as good.

From what I understand, if Nintendo doesn't announce at least something about Animal Crossing for Switch this coming week, heads will roll.

Dragon Quest hero is the next Smash character.
I guess it's going to work like Bowser Jr and the Koopalings?

I've never played Dragon Warrior, but I'm happy for fans.

And looks like Dragon Warrior XI will be coming to Switch to make that count.

Hahahahaha
I love how Nintendo is totally leaning in to the whole Bowser thing.

I am also so hype for Luigi's Mansion 3.

Man, he's clearly trying, but Doug Bowser is no Reggie.

Last edited:
Is this a DARK CRYSTAL TACTICAL RPG?!!?
Seems so.

I still don't know how I feel about the graphics in this Link's Awakening remaster.

OMG all of the old Secret of Mana games on the eShop now. D:

Over a month until I get my Fire Emblem fix. GIVE IT TO ME NOOOOWWWWW.

This Resident Evil promo is trying way too hard.

Last edited:
Oh shit, all of Contra games going on the eshop, and a new one inc.

Nintendo really going for the whole gamer spectrum this year.

Daemon x Machina still looks cool.

Panzer Dragoon looks terrible from that footage.

Oh shit, all of Contra games going on the eshop, and a new one inc.

Nintendo really going for the whole gamer spectrum this year.

Daemon x Machina still looks cool.
Between us, we'll make sure no one else has to watch this Nintendo Direct :p.

"Panzer Dragoon? I heard you were dead." (Seriously, that is the weirdest and least expected announcement for me.)

Please inject Astral Chain directly into my veins.
Yessss. They didn't need to show the Platinum logo at the end; it was obvious.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 has some neat characters introduced, like Kamala Khan and Miles Morales, but I'm not really feeling it.