Nintendo Switch Thread

That game made me actually flip the switch on the free trial of Nintendo Online so I could try it.

I've played 11 or 12 games of it, and won 4 (5? Can't remember right now) of them. The rest I was top 10 except for 1 that I was like 11th or 12th. I knew I was kind of a freak when it came to Tetris, but given that I hadn't played in probably 3-4 years for any length of sessions, I was still surprised I pwned the n00bs so well.

It's actually inspiring me NOT to keep playing, as what's the point? All I'll get for it is that I will reliably win more than half the games I go in, or I find out it's more "oh I guess I'm playing against a God-Tier guy or gal, and I'm fucked anyways, because I'm not Thor." (yes an actual guy's name, not the God or Marvel character) To me there's no "advancement incentive" for me in this. I play Tetris for fun, and this is kind of fun, but not really fun.

Yes I know I sound like an arrogant bastard in this post, but I really am that good. I'll never hit the World Championships or anything like that (not interested), but the stats above speak for themselves. It's just "not that fun" when you have nowhere to advance, and participating just feels more like "I get to stomp on people who are FAR worse than me, yay?"

I know I sound like an arrogant bastard in this post, but I really am that good. I'll never hit the World Championships or anything like that (not interested), but the stats above speak for themselves. It's just "not that fun" when you have nowhere to advance, and participating just feels more like "I get to stomp on people who are FAR worse than me, yay?"
That lament of that portion of the top 1% who aren’t in the top 0.01%.
Of billionaires when comparing themselves to trillionaires, of 150 IQ people comparing themselves to 200 IQ people, AAA to Pro, turbo to top fuel, etc. The name “Nigel Short” comes to mind.

—Patrick

I always wait until the final evolutions are shown to decide but definitely leaning towards Scorbunny right now.

Guy on reddit suggested it's name should have been Hopscorch though and if that's not one of the evolutions names, that's what I'm naming mine.

I quite like Sobble too as well. Grookey looks like they realized how dull Pansage was and are trying again.

I always wait until the final evolutions are shown to decide but definitely leaning towards Scorbunny right now.

Guy on reddit suggested it's name should have been Hopscorch though and if that's not one of the evolutions names, that's what I'm naming mine.

I quite like Sobble too as well. Grookey looks like they realized how dull Pansage was and are trying again.
Another factor for me is what the german names for the pokemon are. So let's see what the names in other language are, shall we?

English------------Japanese----------French-----------------German​

Grookey-----------Sarunori-----------Ouistempo-----------Chimpep

Scorbunny-------Hibani--------------Flambino------------Hopplo

Sobble-------------Messon------------Larméléon----------Memmeon

Shall we ignore the german names? I think we should.

Last edited:
Like a puck bunny.

Though, I think that might be what they are going for with Scorbunny to be honest, footballer inspired at least. The region is based on Britain and he does kind of look like he's wearing a jersey.

Then there's the pun on scor being scorch and score.

Like a puck bunny.

Though, I think that might be what they are going for with Scorbunny to be honest, footballer inspired at least. The region is based on Britain and he does kind of look like he's wearing a jersey.

Then there's the pun on scor being scorch and score.
I almost wonder if, instead of fire/fighting, his fully evolved form might be fire/electric. There's been a few times in anime and videos games (like Inuzuma Eleven or Mario Strikers Charged) that they've associated electricity with soccer.

Maybe if they're going the footballer route with Scorbunny, that's what we might get.

I've been reading a good number of these all day, like never-ending joy. I think my favorites are (sorry, I don't know how to embed Tweets) the one that starts "Oi, slag!" and the woman who recorded her brogue about people complementing the Pokemon on their development and the Pokemon being all, "Spot on, Moira!".