Nintendo Switch Thread

I was thinking money, but the cost difference is likely little.
The longer you wait to buy them, the cheaper they become. The price will go down or they will get bundled, and unless the economy starts to see some staggering deflation, “now” money is always worth more than “later” money.

—Patrick

The longer you wait to buy them, the cheaper they become. The price will go down or they will get bundled, and unless the economy starts to see some staggering deflation, “now” money is always worth more than “later” money.

—Patrick
I feel like Pat has never dealt with Nintendo stuff before. ;)

I downloaded the Fitness Boxing demo on a lark, but I think I might want the real game now. The burn was real. My lower body is in great shape from all the running and yoga, but my arms are like babies from neglect and medication.

Its being a rhythm game is cool, too.

But not until the next day, right?
Also, if you work your core enough, your back won't have to hold your spine up all by itself, so that might help.

--Patrick
My core is what I usually work, but the bouncing in the boxing game has you do this thing with weight placement that I can't do right thanks to a prior foot injury, so it goes disproportionately to one leg, and then up my back. It's a stance problem.

Diablo 3 on switch is a lot more fun than I expected it to be. I had thought I was burnt out on d3, turns out I just need to be able to play it on a handheld

Anyone interested in having a Halforums Smash Bros night sometime next weekend? We can make a battle arena, beat each other up, and have a good time. Also, my friend code is still on the front page, add me!

Anyone interested in having a Halforums Smash Bros night sometime next weekend? We can make a battle arena, beat each other up, and have a good time. Also, my friend code is still on the front page, add me!
Miis of the halforum crew must be made

Aww, that makes me want to get Smash Bros.!

But I am also mediocre at fighters, so I'd be there just to get my ass kicked.

Give me an idea of a good day/time, I'm always around, so I'll set a day/time in a few days after people get a chance to give input. (Also people who can't play until Christmas *cough* @Snuffleupagus *cough*) can also join in by then.

Is online playable? Everything I've seen of it so far says it's really choppy and I've yet to buy the online service to try myself.

Willing to give it a shot though.

Last edited:
Is online playable? Everything I've seen of it so far says it's really choppy and I've yet to buy the online service to get try myself.

Willing to give it a shot though.
It's based on the worst internet connection between all the players. So it depends. Terrik and I have done battle arena and it was fine.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well it would be funny to see you descend into peasantry.
PCMR stuff aside, if I was ever going to get a console, it'd be a Nintendo one, because their games aren't shitty FPS ports and they aren't actively worsening the PC gaming industry. We almost got a Wii, and probably WOULD have ended up getting a Wii U, had not everything gone to hell in 2013.

How many people can battle in arena at once, four or eight?
I somehow can not find this answer with google, and my daughter has apparently decided she wants to play Smash now, so I can't check right this second. I do know that more than 4 can JOIN the battle arena to spectate though.

HF Smash Time tonight at 9pm EST! I have my capture card set up so that I can stream/record. Just make sure we're Switch Friends because I plan to set the battle arena to Friends Only.

Damn, I would if I could. But I won't get Smash until next month. But then I'm ready to show how much I suck at fighting games. :p