Nintendo Switch Thread

I'm really not feeling the online services. Julie's going to get it so she can continue playing Splatoon 2, and I might bum off hers if I decide to still get Smash Bros (Isabelle announced as fighter today), but from what I can tell I won't need a subscription to play non-Nintendo games.

But hey, if you get a 12-month sub, you can get a couple ugly shirts in Splatoon 2 :aaah:
But what about Animal Crossing in 2019?!

When it pops out of the ball and does it's little sniffs and slaps the trainer's finger.

Screenshot_20181024-110401_Gallery.jpg

Yes, I'm a grown man.

Last edited:
I bought the very first pokemon at its release 20 years ago. Maybe I will buy Pokemon Let's go after all. Question is which one.

Snipperclips is a great two player game.
I got that, but found it too finicky too much of the time. When you KNOW what you need to do, but can't do it easily, IMO the puzzle game has failed. But if you like it, great.

I got that, but found it too finicky too much of the time. When you KNOW what you need to do, but can't do it easily, IMO the puzzle game has failed. But if you like it, great.
I dunno, I played it with my daughter, and we didn't really have problems with it being finicky.

Are there differences in World Pokemon spawns between the two Let's Go versions, or is it just the starter Pokemon that are different? I don't know if that got answered anywhere or not.

n/m I think I found the answer. I'm really just trying to justify buying both versions to myself. :p

"Of course, your first partner Pokémon will be either Pikachu or Eevee depending on which version you get, but the types and rarity of the wild Pokémon that you encounter also differ between the two games. For example, Pokémon like Oddish, Sandshrew, and Growlithe only appear in the wild in Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!, while Bellsprout, Vulpix, and Meowth are only found in the wild in Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!"

BTW, I spent three days trying to sync my Pokemon Go account before Reddit clued me in to the idea that my Fitbit could be messing up the signal. After I stopped it from connecting to my phone I was able to sync accounts. This applies to any smart watch, just in case any one else runs in to the same problem.