[Announcement] Next Wednesday Night. Be Here.

Dave

Staff member
I am going to run a special event on my Twitch Stream: www.twitch.tv/crankyolddave

The show will start at 7 pm Central Time. (Was at 5 pm, but more people can make it later.)

I’ll be using the official Halforums Discord and you can hop in with voice if you want. (Note that if you do that you’ll want to mute the Twitch stream or you’ll get an echo of everyone talking.)

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
Now that it's not 1 am and I'm awake, let me expand on the above.

Next Wednesday is the 10th anniversary of Halforums. The day previous is the 5th anniversary of Mikko's passing. So let's hold a party to celebrate a life well lived and a place that allowed us all to share even a small part of that life!

Starting at 5 pm Central time I will go live on my Twitch channel. You can join by either coming into Discord (invite link below in spoilers to thwart bots) or by chatting in the chat window of my Twitch channel. If you choose Discord you may do either voice or stay text only - I completely understand. Either way if you want to participate you'll have to sign up somewhere, whether that somewhere is Discord or Twitch is completely up to you.

So set your calendars for next Wednesday to celebrate Halforums and Mikko!

Dave

Staff member
Please note that there will probably be a LOT of people in there that you don't recognize since it'll be on my Twitch channel. But, the Grand Prize will be available for Halforums members only. So others might come in and steal away a free game or three, but the Grand Prize will be HFers only.

Dave

Staff member
If you can't make it at that time but want to participate, send me a PM and I'll make sure you have an equal chance. Need not be present to win the Grand Prize, although the free games will be given to those attending.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm in the same boat as Crimson, I doubt I'll be home before 7pm, but if things are still happening then, I'll try to swing by.

I'm going to be helping Dave with this, so if you are on Discord and your name is different from your Halforums name, please let me know your Discord name so I can keep track of everyone. Otherwise, I will have to send a doomweasel to spy on you and no one wants that.

I will have to send a doomweasel to spy on you and no one wants that.
Least of all the doomweasel. I mean, it's Winter in most of the world right now, and the little buggers are bound to be cross by the time they arrive.

--Patrick

Least of all the doomweasel. I mean, it's Winter in most of the world right now, and the little buggers are bound to be cross by the time they arrive.

--Patrick
I make my doomweasels little fur coats.

And don't you dare change that to read "into little fur coats"!
index.jpg

I appreciate the time moving back to 7 - I work until 5 and my normal drive home is about 2 hours due to traffic in Nashville (it takes me as long to get from the SE side of there to the North side as it does to get from the North side to home)

I'm going to be helping Dave with this, so if you are on Discord and your name is different from your Halforums name, please let me know your Discord name so I can keep track of everyone. Otherwise, I will have to send a doomweasel to spy on you and no one wants that.
Elf on a shelf, doomie as a roomie, I can adjust, I'm sure.

I'm going to be on a plane somewhere over Colorado(ish) at that time. On my wake back from LA. I don't get to Toronto until like 11:30EDT, and then with customs and whatnot I won't be home until around 1am Thursday. So I'm afraid I won't be present.

I will not be available then, as I have my own life-affirming social event that I am going to, but do know you all have my thoughts, and I will raise a glass to Mikko, much loved, always remembered.

Will try and attend but it happens right smack in the middle of evening commute for me, but I will raise a glass whatever time I get home.

GasBandit

Staff member
Dang, I forgot I have a meeting at 6 this wednesday I can't duck out of... I hope it will get out around 7, but I'll be later than I thought I would. I'll do my best.

I'm going to see if I can get things ready. Maybe be a bit late (that's our D&D night), but going to try and make an appearance.

I'll try my best to make it, but 2AM on a work night is kind of hard :p Have a glass of mead in North's honor in my name, 'kay?

Dave

Staff member
We haven't really done one online for a long time. This time we're doing drawings and games like Family Feud or Trivia. If I can figure out how we're going to do Family Feud, that is.

We haven't really done one online for a long time. This time we're doing drawings and games like Family Feud or Trivia. If I can figure out how we're going to do Family Feud, that is.
The trick is to do a question that can have a slightly sexual answer then act SHOCKED that someone says it.

On Discord and Twitch I use the handle "Crowe4WFG"