New Star Wars MMO Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she stop a lightsaber with her hand? This is starting to look pretty damn sweet. I may have to get in on it when it comes out.

This game is going to be unbalanced... Either that, or the jedi and sith won't be nearly as cool as they should.

Huh

Who are these people? Those look like storm/clone troopers but they're fighting a whole bunch of sith. I know this is before ep.4 but it doesn't look that far in the past.

It IS supposed to be very far in the past (I think?). Before episode 1 and all that. I also found it confusing that the armors were similar to those in the movies.

The Empire thing threw me off too. But "old republic" stuff is supposed to be like 4k years in the past, right?

That's always kind of bugged me though. These people really hit a plateau tech wise.

Ah, it's in the past! That explains that "for centuries Alderaan stood as a beacon of hope in the republic" bit... Wasn't the republic supposed to be nice for a very long time?

An overly long pre-rendered cutscene. It's gorgeous, don't get me wrong. But if I wanted to watch something, I'll get a movie.

In other words, I want to see gameplay.

damn right.

although, if bioware was to make an animation movie about star wars, i'd wet my pants considering the quality of what we just saw

C

Chibibar

Honestly, they should do a 90 minute movie of this, and KEEP LUCAS THE FUCK AWAY FROM IT.
heck yea!!!

I thought it was like 10,000 years before Ep1 (still 4000 years is good) and I believe suppose to be after KOTOR 2 right? so it open pretty much to anything really for Bioware.

The good thing about this vs the SWG is that Jedi and Sith are plentiful. There are many classes that can fight them etc etc which will be interesting in the gameplay itself.

C

Chibibar

I'm going Bounty Hunter. Screw you Jedi/Sith namby pampies, I'll snipe you from the mountain across the planet!
my wife is probably gonna camp next to you cause she is gonna be Bounty hunter too. I'm going to be a pilot/crafter or something like that.

figmentPez

Staff member
The Empire thing threw me off too. But "old republic" stuff is supposed to be like 4k years in the past, right?

That's always kind of bugged me though. These people really hit a plateau tech wise.
I was under the impression that after the Old Republic fell the whole galaxy went into a dark age and lost a lot of the technological advancements, and were still building back up again at the time of the movie trilogies.

WARNING Star Wars Complaint: Not the Games but film.

The original trilogy made everything look four decades old and stagnant. Then the action wrapped up with only 18 years until the Battle of Yavin. Yet the only tech from the first 3 to be in the prequels was the light saber.

I was under the impression that after the Old Republic fell the whole galaxy went into a dark age and lost a lot of the technological advancements, and were still building back up again at the time of the movie trilogies.
The Old Republic didn't fall until the prequel trilogy, but in the time period where the game supposedly takes place, it gets its ass kicked by the Sith, and loses a lot of territory and resources, which may explain the technological loss (better than Lucas' napkin-scrawled gameplan, anyway :p).

C

coolbeans

That republic soldier is my new favourite star wars character, it takes massive balls to punch someone with a grenade.

I think they call the sith "the sith empire" in this game.

I guess the implication is that a lot of the stuff of the Galactic empire (star destroyers, tie fighters, the idea of an empire etc) is based off of old sith designs.

Wheres JCM when you need him?

R

Rubicon

Did she stop a lightsaber with her hand? This is starting to look pretty damn sweet. I may have to get in on it when it comes out.
Looked like an extensive Force Push, which was awesome. About time they showed Jedis capable of massive power. In the books that took place after ROTJ (Thrawn stuff), Luke trains new Jedi, and they were strong enough with the Force to be able to Force Pull and Force Push X-Wings out of orbit.. This looks impressive.

Looked like an extensive Force Push, which was awesome. About time they showed Jedis capable of massive power. In the books that took place after ROTJ (Thrawn stuff), Luke trains new Jedi, and they were strong enough with the Force to be able to Force Pull and Force Push X-Wings out of orbit.. This looks impressive.[/QUOTE]

I like it too, but I find all of these super powerful jedi do not make sense in the context of the movies. It's like it were a different universe.

Looked like an extensive Force Push, which was awesome. About time they showed Jedis capable of massive power. In the books that took place after ROTJ (Thrawn stuff), Luke trains new Jedi, and they were strong enough with the Force to be able to Force Pull and Force Push X-Wings out of orbit.. This looks impressive.[/QUOTE]

I like it too, but I find all of these super powerful jedi do not make sense in the context of the movies. It's like it were a different universe.[/QUOTE]

if we have to resort to the amount of evidence, the strange jedis are the ones you see in the classic trilogy. The rest of sources seem to have no trouble with this kung fu -circ du soleil kind of force users...

The trailer is awesome, I just have one issue with it.

You know I am fine with some Force powers being flashy. Force Lightening for instance always seemed fine to me. However, watching a Jedi kill a Sith with a force push that looks like she is Goku launching a Super Kamehameha is just going over the line for me.

Still can't wait for the game.

The trailer is awesome, I just have one issue with it.

You know I am fine with some Force powers being flashy. Force Lightening for instance always seemed fine to me. However, watching a Jedi kill a Sith with a force push that looks like she is Goku launching a Super Kamehameha is just going over the line for me.

Still can't wait for the game.
Apparently in the Old Republic, Jedis had power levels over 9000...

I'm going Bounty Hunter. Screw you Jedi/Sith namby pampies, I'll snipe you from the mountain across the planet!
This.

I gotta recreate my Bounty Hunter.... I loved killing Jedi. :) Well anything.

Great trailer! I can't wait to see some serious gameplay.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

And ya... the Ryu a-du-ken... shouldn't happen. :p

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

E

Element 117

lightsaber talking to the hand cutscene = awesome. The rest I'm unenthused about

I don't know. Other then the dialogue scene, that video bored me a bit. The combat just felt a little slow. Most of the Jedi videos I saw looks a bit more exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.