New Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City ARG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh... Operation Raccoon City looks different enough that I'm willing to give it a try. It's certainly different than Re5, which is a huge plus for me.

The whole resident evil series pretty much should be taken out and shot. It jumped the shark years ago.

And the even shittier movies.... ugh.

The whole resident evil series pretty much should be taken out and shot. It jumped the shark years ago.

And the even shittier movies.... ugh.
That's sort of why they ended the series with 5. RE6 is going to be a re-imagining of the series or so they say. Operation Raccoon City isn't canon with the previous series... it's sort of a "What If?" kind of deal. I think the 3DS title is similar.

Personally, I kinda of want them to do more with the Outbreak series. It was sort of a proto Left 4 Dead, but with a greater emphasis on puzzle solving. It was also much harder than Left 4 Dead.

Being a huge fan of the entire Resident Evil series, I say let the dead series die. I know they cling to it because so many hardcore fans are attached to the characters, but the storylines are so convoluted and lost that there really is no chance of going back and fixing it. They keep trying to "remake" the gameplay over and over. Try playing RE0-5. Every single one has a different gameplay feel that's almost alien to the one before it. They could never just leave well enough alone or figure out how to balance it. Every single one of the games with the slight exception of 4 had god aweful controls and ridiculously overblown storylines.

Why couldn't it just have stayed a group of rebels vs the huge corporation? That was all it needed. It needs to stop, everything from 4 on out was a money grab.

Actually, I think the only storylines that didn't get wrapped up are...

1.) Where is Sherry? Wesker had her at some point that was pre Code Veronica, but she's never been brought up since.

2.) Is Steve Burnside alive or dead? Wesker took him as well.

Being a huge fan of the entire Resident Evil series, I say let the dead series die. I know they cling to it because so many hardcore fans are attached to the characters, but the storylines are so convoluted and lost that there really is no chance of going back and fixing it. They keep trying to "remake" the gameplay over and over. Try playing RE0-5. Every single one has a different gameplay feel that's almost alien to the one before it. They could never just leave well enough alone or figure out how to balance it. Every single one of the games with the slight exception of 4 had god aweful controls and ridiculously overblown storylines.

Why couldn't it just have stayed a group of rebels vs the huge corporation? That was all it needed. It needs to stop, everything from 4 on out was a money grab.

Oh they wrapped up, but they were still overblown and ridiculous.

In my personal opinion, RE would have been a MUCH more interesting game storyline/series without SUPER WESKER and EVERYTHING he did to the story.

I remember where we played RE5 in coop (which was awesome to a certain point) and he fucken pwned us repeatedly. (playing on a console makes my gaming ability feel pretty human). We stopped playing at that EXACT moment and decided to change game and play another game for the entire night. We haven't touched the game since.

I remember where we played RE5 in coop (which was awesome to a certain point) and he fucken pwned us repeatedly. (playing on a console makes my gaming ability feel pretty human). We stopped playing at that EXACT moment and decided to change game and play another game for the entire night. We haven't touched the game since.
He's actually an easy boss, but you kinda have to do it in Co-op. It's gotta be impossible in single player.

Oh they wrapped up, but they were still overblown and ridiculous.

In my personal opinion, RE would have been a MUCH more interesting game storyline/series without SUPER WESKER and EVERYTHING he did to the story.
Yeah, RE5 was a total mess and Wesker was the cause.

RE4, however, is one of my all-time favorite games, up there with Zelda: OoT, Final Fantasy Tactics, Shadow of the Colossus, and Chrono Trigger. I even enjoyed it on the shitty, shitty PC port.

I'm serious. Love it. The gameplay is good to start with, but the situations escalate one after another. Mine cart ride, fighting some a freaking one-winged angel, that six-legged dog thing, giant fish, Rasputin, Napoleon statue chase... the Ada side of things was a little weak, but it's just an extra thing anyway.

Of course, the story is stupid as hell. I think it's better that way though; considering the series as a whole.

Sideways from topic: Does anyone know why Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, a game ported from PS2, looks like crap on an HDTV, while Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, a game ported from a PS1 to Gamecube, looks just fine on HDTV?

Sideways from topic: Does anyone know why Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, a game ported from PS2, looks like crap on an HDTV, while Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, a game ported from a PS1 to Gamecube, looks just fine on HDTV?
It may have to do with the engine it was coded in. the Wii has no hardware anti-aliasing, so one engine may have had in game AA and another didn't.

K

Kyle

I've tried typing in everything on that map and nothing is being accepted

I've tried typing in everything on that map and nothing is being accepted
The trick to the second step is actually really simple and your going to kick yourself for not thinking of this old spy trick.

Up the magnification of the map to 800-1000%, then look at some of the streets on the left side. Thats the URL to the 3rd step.

K

Kyle

Grr, I'm not good at this kind of stuff. I read the files and tried typing a few guesses but still nothing

Hints? I found the photos, and now the files but I don't have time to look through them yet
It's on Lupo's page. It's pretty obvious.

Also, I think it's pretty obvious that it's Chris or Barry giving these out. His outlif in the last video had that vest thing they both wore.

P

Project D

The trick to the second step is actually really simple and your going to kick yourself for not thinking of this old spy trick.

Up the magnification of the map to 800-1000%, then look at some of the streets on the left side. Thats the URL to the 3rd step.
I see absolutely nothing but the grid and a series of black lines for sewer tunnels.

Newest Clue is up. This one is pretty easy too... you just need three words, which should be apparent in the clue.

Looks like there is a prize this time: Sew On Patches, with the icon of the Umbrella team from the game.

Newest Clue is up. This one is less obvious and you need to do some research into the founders of the Umbrella Corporation. Once you have their names, you need to know where to look... my only clue is that your looking for a video, not a website. It should be obvious where to go once you find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.