Need AA or AAA batteries?

As stienman pointed out, I don't have a single appliance that isn't at least 220 and my stove and such are 380. Muhhaha! Power!

fade

Staff member
I looked into the reason for the European/US difference in voltage, and it seems there's no good reason. Like many historical things. The US and Europe differ on line frequency, too. But this time the US does have a compelling reason. 60 Hz divides/multiplies into a clock. 50 Hz was selected in Europe due to a business monopoly held by a Norwegian electricity producer.

I looked into the reason for the European/US difference in voltage, and it seems there's no good reason. Like many historical things. The US and Europe differ on line frequency, too. But this time the US does have a compelling reason. 60 Hz divides/multiplies into a clock. 50 Hz was selected in Europe due to a business monopoly held by a Norwegian electricity producer.
Plenty of stories featuring clocks running slow/fast due to the wrong region, too.

--Patrick

Plenty of stories featuring clocks running slow/fast due to the wrong region, too.

--Patrick
You ever watch the Techmoan videos? He demonstrates a lot of old obsolete consumer tech, and the frequency difference comes up a lot when trying out US-sourced gear because he's based in the UK.