[Question] Neck pillow

As many of you know, I have pretty severe arthritis and I’ve had many flares in my neck over the years. Something happened overnight to my neck and in addition to horrible pain it feels like I can hardly hold it up.

I wear a pain patch and have meds, but I’m looking for a pillow to support it better at night.

I would welcome any suggestions please.

Do you want to use the same pillow for travel/couch/bath?
Does it need to do anything other than “be a pillow?” (Heat, massage, etc)
Are there any other requirements? (allergy, Vegan, etc)

—Patrick

I have a pink unicorn one I use for travel. That may sound odd, but it’s a small, firm pillow that works well on planes and fits with the seat and around headphones. I occasionally get comments from my neighbors on the plane, but it works.

I have a heat thingy that goes in the microwave and ice packs so it just needs to be a pillow.

I would prefer it not be down please. If it came with a pillowcase that would be great. If not, my mother would make one. It would just take some time.

Never on my stomach. That isn’t physically possible. I usually sleep on my side and only ever on my right side. My left side is too painful as that’s the side where my SI is a mess. I try occasionally, but even with my meds, I don’t last long.

I will say that we have a homemade buckwheat pillow that I use for snugs.
Normally, I use two stacked down pillows as my main pillows. Depending on the day, one may not cover all the right place(s) for me OR I may decide to put one of them over my head if my kid gets up early, and then I have the buckwheat pillow as a sort of beanbag I can mush my face into. I haven’t really looked at anything else because this works well enough for me.

There have been times I’ve considered making a new “buckwheat” pillow using bismuth shot as the filler, but that’s too expensive for me to find out I don’t like it, it’s too heavy, etc.

—Patrick

Patamon or Gatomon?
Mr. PIBB or Royal Crown Cola?
Hemsworth, Evans, Pratt, Nolan or Pine?
Red, green, yellow? (Bell peppers)
Hamsters or fish?
After M*A*S*H or Trapper, John. M.D?
Trek, Wars, Gate or Battle ____ Galactica