NCAA Football Thread

Now imagining heavyset coach-looking guy with headset and baseball cap, but with plaid flannel shirt and ridiculously large hoop earrings.

--Patrick

So…it sure sounds like Oklahoma and Texas are moving to the SEC and nobody has any clue what’s going to happen to the remaining Big 12 teams.

So…it sure sounds like Oklahoma and Texas are moving to the SEC and nobody has any clue what’s going to happen to the remaining Big 12 teams.
That's interesting. I wonder how they are going to handle the West-East balance. Neither team would logically go to the East conference. Could mean a reorganization. Put Texas & Oklahoma into the West and move two teams from there to the East. Geographically, it would make the most sense to move Auburn and Alabama. They are further east than any of the other schools. It kinda would make sense as well. Getting two strong teams in and move two strong teams out. The East would be strengthened as well. They've always been the weaker of the two.

Alternatives are the Mississippis or LSU and Arkansas. LSU is interesting, but they are very hot & cold. They win a championship, then lose their star qb and immediately go 5-5.

The SEC Network (obviously not the same people who make decisions) suggested pod formats. The conference would be in groups of 4 that play each other every year, then a rotation with the other teams. It’s probably the best way to preserve traditional rivalries while still making sure everyone plays everyone enough.

Could have it that each team gets an extra game on Championship Saturday, where 2nd place teams play, then 3rd, then 4th, etc.

Like I said in the Random Crap thread, the Bishop Sycamore situation is a shitshow and a half.

Thread. Boy this is a deep rabbit hole.

Life is good. The Warhawks are already up by a touchdown against Carthage.

Aside: I didn't know that UWW and Carthage College had never played each other in school history.

I'm not having a good time.
Hi! Welcome to Directional Michigan Football Hell

at any time one of Central, Western, or Eastern Michigan will suddenly play well for no reason. Usually not Eastern. But today you got Central! Congratulations and I’m sorry.

All my friends want to go to the home opener next week. I don't know if I want to get into a large crowd (with COVID and all.) Even though it is to celebrate our first FCS title, Previous title was nearly 60 years ago in the NAIA.