NBC bringing back Wonder Woman.

Egads, that costume looks awful. Could they really not afford actual spandex for her pants?

Why don't they just take Xena's old costume and paint it appropriately? That would be better.

figmentPez

Staff member
Cosplayer Megan VanBurkleo had a very astute comment on the new costume:
To anyone making the "WW wore less in the past!" argument, including @ronmarz: You can like her new costume, but there is NO denying that something can look trashy without showing an excess of skin. Cocktail dress on the left has a corset top and is shorter, but is infinitely classier than the one on the right. /rant :p http://yfrog.com/h2apinqj
apinq.jpg

Meanwhile, webcomic artist Hawk (of Applegeeks) thinks the costume is missing something:
260014148.jpg

Added at: 19:38
I'd make the the boots red myself,
The boots look much better red: http://imgur.com/Xe4oQ (photoshop by some Linkara fan)

I think what irks me the most are the comments from horny teenage boys saying, "YES PLEASE", "SEXY", and "HOT!!!"
The story itself is shit and I'm not even a big WW fan. If this stays on for more than half a season and does better than Firefly, I'm going to cry.
(No offense to any horny teenage boys that may be here.)

Are we sure they aren't trying to market this to horny teenage boys, which would therefore make them quite happy with the results?

....Why does she have an eagle instead of a "WW"? I mean, there is literally nothing about that costume that says "Wonder Woman" more than it says "Eagle Tits".

And the boots definitely look better red.

So, they're basically getting nothing about the character right.

Wonder Woman has had an eagle since about 1986. That's not surprising.

Still trying to figure out why the boots aren't red.

Costume looking cheesy; eh, it's a super hero costume, they look cheesy. Dean Cain's costume looked cheap, but guess what? It was a very accurate rendition of Superman's costume.

Would you rather her spend the entire series in a red flannel shirt?

Seriously... TV execs need to understand that bright colors only work in the comics because it's a flat medium. Those same colors don't always translate well to the real world and we all understand that the costumes sometimes need minor alterations to look right. Always, ALWAYS use matte, not shiny.

Seriously... TV execs need to understand that bright colors only work in the comics because it's a flat medium. Those same colors don't always translate well to the real world and we all understand that the costumes sometimes need minor alterations to look right. Always, ALWAYS use matte, not shiny.
I know most cosplayers choose more realistic than 100% accurate. TV execs definitely need to learn this!

Just for reference, here is Smallville's Erica Durance in a costume that serves as a double shout out to Wonder Woman and Xena.

It is a far better Wonder Woman costume than NBC's actual Wonder Woman costume, IMO.

figmentPez

Staff member
Nerd rage wins again! The costume has, apparently, been changed. No more shiny pants and the boots are now red.

I like that the boots are red. I like that the pants are not shiny.
BUT the pants look even cheaper now. How in the world did they manage to do that?? I wish the top wasn't so shiny. I wish the armor didn't look so rubbery. And her top is a bit small for her... :p And I'm slightly annoyed that the stripe on her boot is not white.
At least they didn't pick Megan Fox for the role. For that, I am a little happy.