[Writing] NaNoWriMo - Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Biannoshufu

Possibly--and I'm just guessing here--it was a joke.
Added at: 16:57
I think I've just about decided that's half of my problem on HF. I make a joke and everyone takes it seriously because I didn't put a stupid smiley.
It was a given that you were joking when I replied. It was still incredibly stupid. To put it in more familiar terms, it bombed.

fade

Staff member
I'm not bothered by it. Just seemed like a rather random one to point out as bad. Worse, it wasn't even my joke. The whole "if guys had boobs, they'd never leave the house" bit is probably as old as boobs themselves. I taught freshman geology, which was like 25% stand-up. You win some, you lose some, but you have to try to win any at all.
Added at: 16:28
(that came across a little snooty, but I meant it as "I hear ya, buddy")

Halfway through the month, how are you all holding up?

Need an extra boost? Try out http://writtenkitten.net/ - it gives you a new kitten for every 100 words you type.

I cheated and cut and pasted for kittens, but used well it might be suitably motivational.

Good luck!

Dave

Staff member
Skyrim and life have invaded. I had a great first few days and then it all went to shit in a big damned hurry.

And I was so stoked, too.

Dave

Staff member
My life right now is in utter turmoil. I am in a very bad frame of mind and have not been able to write. When I'm at work I'm sitting alone with headphones on and when I'm at home I have the headphones on playing Skyrim. I'm dealing with a lot and am in total escapist mode. You'd think that would be conducive to writing but for me it's just the opposite.

Dave

Staff member
Instead of NaNoWriMo - NATIONAL Novel Writing Month...HalNoWriMo - Halforums Novel Writing Month.

November is not an abbreviation withing NaNoWriMo.

HalNoWriMo...it seems more and more daunting to me as the beginning of the month approaches. But I've been thinking a lot about what I want to write. I'm still in and I may try posting snippets each day. Anyone else going to try and write through the month of March with me?

Dave

Staff member
Damn. That's 2 days away. I totally forgot about this. I thin kI may have to do this since the craziness of my life has fairly well calmed down.

S

Soliloquy

You know what? I'm going to join in on this. There's been something I've wanted to work on for a long, long while now.

I just got done failing a February version, and I'm busy revising one novel and proofing a short story collection... So nope, not in.

But I think this year I might actually have my schedule synched up to where I can do the November version. We'll see.

S

Soliloquy

So... anyone actually start with this? I only had time for 764 words today, so hooray for being behind!

Dave

Staff member
I spent some time writing but instead thought it would be fun to fight with the wife.

Good times, good times.

Dave

Staff member
I'm right there with ya, but I've been talking it over with my wife and she's had some good ideas. Plus she'll be doing illustrations, so there's that.

Dave

Staff member
I'm on a deadline here at work so I've only written about 1,000 words and am going to start all over again due to having hit a wall. My deadline is Thursday. Tomorrow. It's KILLING ME!!

Status
Not open for further replies.