[Writing] NaNoWriMo - Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Is anyone besides myself doing NaNoWriMo this year? I've tried it in the past and did not receive any backing on the home front, which made it incredibly difficult to keep going more than a day or two. This year - mostly because of my friend Mark's getting a book published - Kerri is on board and I'm getting geared up.

In fact, I've redone my old web site for this. It's what I was looking for in Photoshop - the header (thanks again, Amy!)

Not giving it out quite yet as I'm still working on it, but I doubt it's too difficult to find.

Anyway....NaNoWriMo! Who's in?

I wish I could. New job, new baby...writing 5-10k words a day is not likely to fit in my schedule this year. I have an idea that I'd like to write about but I simply don't think I can manage it. :(

C

Chibibar

I got a story, but I don't have the time :(

I can't write at work due to work rules (anything I create at work belong to work contract thing)

I'd love to do it, but since the last time I did it every year I've seemingly had some sort of crunch time, and this year is no different.

My biggest issue with NaNoWriMo is that it's November, which is not a good month for me to have lots of time to dedicate. Between making Christmas gifts, Thanksgiving, etc, every year I want to do it but can never find the time. If it was in like... February or March, then I'd be all over it.

My biggest issue with NaNoWriMo is that it's November, which is not a good month for me to have lots of time to dedicate. Between making Christmas gifts, Thanksgiving, etc, every year I want to do it but can never find the time. If it was in like... February or March, then I'd be all over it.
This. Of the three years I've intended to do it (two while I was in college, one later) there was just too much going on in November.

Dave

Staff member
What does everyone think of March? No major holidays (at least in the US) and 31 days long.

Hmmm...I think it will be better than November but it is also the last month of Winter quarter. I think I will always have something going on, though, and that is part of the challenge. So I would say it will be very hard to do, but easier than November.

Dave

Staff member
Have you been published? This seems like something I'm shocked we didn't know about you already.

Another layer of the onion is revealed, it seems!

Actually, she's mentioned a few times about the crime novels she writes. That's why she was grilling Officer Charon on some info a few weeks back.

B

Biannoshufu

I suddenly want to change my username to stinky onion. I write stories for friends, have a little vanity press company make like 10 copies, and given them out as gifts. So no, not published. I think my writing is too mediocre to demand people pay for it. Just something I do to pass the time

You could still toss it up on Ebook for 99 cent a piece, if you wanted to give it a shot. People would either buy it or wouldn't. Unless you feel self-conscious about it, in which case, don't, because there's always some asshole or troll out there.

Gotta say, if you wrote 2000 pages in a day, I think you're done. With the novel. And it's sequel. You win at NaNoWriMo.

I wrote 3400 words last night, but it's technically not a novel so it probably doesn't count.

"All work and no play makes Piotyr a dull boy" over and over?
Heh, no, just a screenshot LP where I write all the dialogue for the main character as it happens between screenshots of the actual game.

I say "All work and no play makes Piotyr a dull boy" over and over. :)

fade

Staff member
If people were all born male and given the choice to change to female, the human race would quickly die. Everyone would change to female on account of the boobies.

I can't believe I've never heard of this!! *derp de derp*

I love to write! I've been working on a novel for quite a while now - up to 36,000 words, yay! In my wildest dreams it will get published, but really, it just keeps me entertained. It's like an addiction. Every Sunday I write for hours. =^^= So, I would say 'Yes! I'm totally down for this!'...but I'll never keep up....:( (I'll keep plugging along with my book though!)

B

Biannoshufu

If people were all born male and given the choice to change to female, the human race would quickly die. Everyone would change to female on account of the boobies.
Amazingly, this is not THE stupidest thing I've ever seen you post here.

fade

Staff member
Amazingly, this is not THE stupidest thing I've ever seen you post here.
Possibly--and I'm just guessing here--it was a joke.
Added at: 16:57
I think I've just about decided that's half of my problem on HF. I make a joke and everyone takes it seriously because I didn't put a stupid smiley.

Status
Not open for further replies.