Mystery Men

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Mystery Men

Tagline: We're not your classic heroes, we're the other guys.

Genre: [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Kinka Usher[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Ben Stiller[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Geoffrey Rush[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Claire Forlani[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]William H. Macy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hank Azaria[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Janeane Garofalo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kel Mitchell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Paul Reubens[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jenifer Lewis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Stacey Travis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Wes Studi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Greg Kinnear[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lena Olin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Eddie Izzard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Artie Lange[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pras[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Waits[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Louise Lasser[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ricky Jay[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ernie Lee Banks[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gerry Becker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ned Bellamy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Corbin Bleu[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Philip Bolden[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emmy Laybourne[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Bay[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1999-08-06[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]121[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]When Captain Amazing (Kinnear) is kidnapped by Casanova Frankenstein (Rush) a group of superheroes combine together to create a plan. But these aren't normal superheroes. Now, the group who include such heroes as Mr. Furious (Stiller), The Shoveller (Macy) and The Blue Raja (Azaria) must put all the powers together to save everyone they know and love.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

All there with what Dave said. I LOVE this movie so much it's scary.
And unlike The Pirate Movie, this one is not a guilty pleasure, it simply is a pleasure.

Like, that scene where the Mystery Men attack Casanova Frankenstein's car, when the Blue Rahja scratches the side with his fork? Absolute hilarious greatness. :)
"We killed Captain Amazing!" - "We? I didn't touch a thing."
"Do the accent, for me." - "Cheerio, mum."
And so on...

It took me a really long time to like this movie, but now I love it. I don't know, it was just too weird for me when it first came out.

Kati made me watch it. I liked it. Possibly because it isn't a Ben Stiller movie, or a William H. Macy movie, or a Hank Azaria movie. It's an ensemble movie, and it plays out like a grown-up version of Our Gang, where the story is never about any one of them.

It also has one of the more amusing abridged scripts (note: spoilers).

--Patrick