[News] Muppets... again

I'm really enjoying this show so far. Sad to hear it's getting such a mixed reaction, although a lot of the complaints I've personally heard are from people who I feel wouldn't be happy unless it was reruns of the original muppet show.

I'm really enjoying this show so far. Sad to hear it's getting such a mixed reaction, although a lot of the complaints I've personally heard are from people who I feel wouldn't be happy unless it was reruns of the original muppet show.
I've been enjoying the show as well. It just feels sort of weird to see Kermit as a manipulator like this. I mean, he wasn't always squeaky clean in The Muppet Show, but it sort of feels so...different, here.

That said, I've been finding that it's a lot of the side characters who are really working in this show's format.

I've been enjoying the show as well. It just feels sort of weird to see Kermit as a manipulator like this. I mean, he wasn't always squeaky clean in The Muppet Show, but it sort of feels so...different, here.

That said, I've been finding that it's a lot of the side characters who are really working in this show's format.
Kermit is a manipulator for the common good, he's always had a love for anarchy but only HE has the authoritative nature and cunning to get things done. Paraphrased from the season one DVD extras.

But honestly, her revenge was perfect. Because Kermit is the only one who knows. Until he isn't.

That was, by far, my favorite episode of the show so far. There was something about it that felt like it could have aired during the original Muppet Show run (minus a few of the modern references). I was on the fence with the announcement they were retooling, but if there are more episodes like this, I don't want them to touch it.

Also, Kermit + banjo = all the feels! :sohappy: (Shut it, Bill!)

"This is the third most important secret I've ever kept." -said after slowly taking his hand off of Kermit's chest.

I freaking love Uncle Deadly.

Oct 17, 2018: Puppeteer Caroll Spinney Announces Retirement from Sesame Street
Puppeteer Caroll Spinney today announced that he is stepping down from the roles of Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch[ ...] He joined Sesame Street’s inaugural season in 1969, and he’s been performing with the show ever since.
After five decades as the heart and soul of Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch, it’s impossible to entirely separate the man from the characters he so vibrantly brought to life.
[...]
“Before I came to Sesame Street, I didn’t feel like what I was doing was very important. Big Bird helped me find my purpose,” Spinney said. “Even as I step down from my roles, I feel I will always be Big Bird. And even Oscar, once in a while! They have given me great joy, led me to my true calling – and my wonderful wife! – and created a lifetime of memories that I will cherish forever.”

--Patrick

I didn't now how else to rate this. I was reading about it earlier and thought it was bittersweet. It's a good, long career, so congrats to him, but he will be missed.