[Gaming] Most played games on Steam

So I was sitting around watching my daughter at gymnastics and randomly starting browsing my steam library. I was amused by how much my game habits have changed in the last few years, especially in the sense that I never really played shooters before hanging out with HF folks. What are your top played games on Steam?

Screenshot_20180125-172243.png
Screenshot_20180125-172401.png

here's my top 5.

top5.png

What's really sad (even more sad than most of my games having less than 60 hours on record) is that I haven't played Gnomoria in over a year and it's still my top game.

figmentPez

Staff member
Steam _ Top Ten Most Played 2018-01-25.PNG

TF2 is heavily skewed by time spent idling for drops. Also, Titan Quest, Planescape Torment, and Plants Vs Zombies don't count my time with those titles on other versions of the game (GameTap, original pre-Steam version, and Android respectively).

Borderlands - 181 hrs
Torchlight II - 21 hrs
Brütal Legend - 10.5 hrs
Don't Starve Together - 5.5 hrs
Age of Empires II:HD Edition - 3.3 hrs

That's it, really. Nothing else has enough time played to register.

--Patrick

steamuren.PNG

Yeah, counting my time on other versions of games would yield very different results. GOG and Humble Bundle and DVDs probably still account for more gaming time, really.

GasBandit

Staff member
This is not entirely accurate, as it doesn't count the literal thousands of hours spent on Supreme Commander, Sins of a Solar Empire, Skyrim and Borderlands 1 back when I was pirating them. But I guess it's a good measure from 2012 on, I suppose.

Steam Hours 1.jpg
Steam Hours 2.jpg

Awesomenauts isn't too surprising, given my on & off obsession with the game. Civilization IV would probably be doubled if I counted when I played it via a physical copy.

FTL surprises me a little, but I guess I spent a lot of time trying to unlock every ship. That required restarting a lot, I imagine.

What REALLY surprises me is Arkham Knight and Arkham Origins, when they're my two least favourites of the series. But mind you, I used to play Asylum and City a LOT on PS3 whereas I've only played these on Steam.

Kind of amazed how quickly Civilization VI shot up there, but I've also binge-played it while severely being depressed.

Screenshot_20180126-122112.jpg

Screenshot_20180126-122137.jpg

Screenshot_20180126-122151.jpg
Screenshot_20180126-122204.jpg

PUBG shot right up there fast. I've had a few weeks off since getting it though so I'm not super surprised.

There are definitely a few in there that I just left running at some point like A Valley Without Wind and I just straight up don't recall 77 hours in Saints Row.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure my game played time is heavily skewed by how much of my gaming was WoW from 2005 - about 2014

Yeah I dont want to know what league is at all...all the estimate sites are wildly off.

Last edited:
This is not entirely accurate, as it doesn't count the literal thousands of hours spent on Supreme Commander, Sins of a Solar Empire, Skyrim and Borderlands 1 back when I was pirating them. But I guess it's a good measure from 2012 on, I suppose.
Yeah, mine doesn't account for Blizzard games, the literal thousands of hours I must have spent on the various Diablos alone. Also it is not metaphor when I say I must have > 5k hrs in MoO:2.
I was late to Steam, didn't get it until my free time was already consumed.

--Patrick

steamtime.png

Followed by XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Subnautica, and Civ 5, all at over 200 hours, and then Stardew Valley, Divinity: Original Sin 2, L4D2, Oblivion, Just Cause 2, Saints Row 3, Civ 4, Assassin's Creed 2, Saints Row 4, and Tropico 4, all at over 100 hours. At just under 100 hours, there's Hitman: Blood Money, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, DX: Human Revolution, AC: Black Flag, AC3, Deus Ex 1, Dishonored, and Torchlight 2.

Apparently I've also played 1.6 hours of Amnesia: The Dark Descent, which is 1.5 hours more than I expected.

steam_games.jpg

That's all my games over 100 hours. Combining Skyrim and Skyrim:SE makes it #1 with 672 hours, but I'm still actively playing Secret World so it will definitely be #1 for real soon.

Of my 60 games on Steam, I've played 19 minutes of Guacameelee, 2 hours of The Stanley Parable and 11 hours of Undertale (half of which was my daughter).

So I'm a little behind.