[TV] Most disapointing sequel series/spin-off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure I've said this before, but Spider-Man 2 is the best superhero movie ever made*

*I haven't seen Superman 1
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah no. That would be The Dark Knight, or Tim Burton's Batman.

Another one, uuuuuuuuuuuuh Evil Inc can be kinda annoying. Especially since Lightning lady(the only character from Greystone Inn STILL IN THE COMIC) is one of the most boring characters in the comic.

Burton's Batman movies have not aged well; not since Nolan blew them out of the Batcave. The Raimi Spider-Man movies have not aged well, either. I include Spider-Man 2 in that, though it's still the best of the three, and still likely in my top ten superhero movies.

Tim Burton's Batman movies are just flat out bad. The Dark Knight's third act was a mess.

if we're going down the Super Hero Movie Rabbit Hole - Watchmen
While I don't nessecarily agree with you on Burton's films I will admit the end to the Dark Knight was rushed. BUT WATCHMEN. SWEET STRAWBERRY JESUS. I mean, you know how in the comics their's an actual mystery to who's the bad guy. In the movie(without spoiling)-IT-IS-OBVIOUS! Why can't Alan Moore have a good movie based on his comics. Speaking of the Watchmen, is that sequel by Gaiman really happening? It maybe the only thing I won't like from him.

And who said The Dark Knight 2? I agree. From what my brother says the original series didn't even NEED a sequel. Oh Frank Miller, what did they do to your brain?! Remember Ronin? IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! But noooooooooooow, the only thing he'll be known for is making a hilarious internet meme.

I won't say Burton's Batman movies are plain bad. They just haven't aged well. They're still watchable in comparison to so many other horrendous superhero movies out there like Catwoman, Steel, the first Captain America movie, etc. Don't know what you're trying to say there about Watchmen. Are you saying good or bad?

The Dark Knight's third act was a mess.
Interesting. I don't agree, but do please elaborate.

Two Face's development kind of goes at a breakneck speed to keep the movie from being three hours. I really hated the surveillance crap shoehorned in to the final Joker showdown (although I loved everything else about it). The whole morality play on the boats was just kind of limp to me.

Man now that were on Batman I keep thinking of all the horrible Batman spin-offs there are. Does that "Titans" count? I know it still sucks I've seen the AT4W.

Enterprise. I'm sorry, it started out good, but that whole "obliterate the Eastern Seaboard and chase the culprits across the galaxy through time" thing just... ew.

Not sure if I've said this yet, but Spyro enter the Dragonfly. Ripto comes back to life with NO explanation, and he is the ONLY BOSS. This ain't Mario bros people!

Oh man, if we're including videogames, every Sonic game that followed Sonic & Knuckles, (from what I understand, less so with Sonic 4, Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations. I've only played demos of each)

I still don't get the hate-on you youngsters have for the Dark Age of Comics. Of course I hated X-Men and various spin-offs anyway, so I was not exposed to Liefield back then.
90s comics are what got me into comics. They are also what very quickly got me out of comics until the 2000s.

To narrow it down more accurately, replace the second instance of "comics" with "Amazing Spider-Man", and the pronoun "They" with "The Clone Saga"

The clone saga was literally the comic book that put me off of comics for almost ten years. I just gave up.

Movie wise, the biggest dissapointment I can think of right now is Men in Black 2.

The clone saga was literally the comic book that put me off of comics for almost ten years. I just gave up.

Movie wise, the biggest dissapointment I can think of right now is Men in Black 2.
When I was a kid this was my favorite movie. Once again, stupidity of youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.