[Announcement] Weekly Jackbox Game Nights!

Which Jackbox Game should we play in January? (Top 2)

• Bracketeering

• Quiplash

• Monster Seeking Monster

• Drawful

• Survive the Internet

• Trivia Murder Party

• Tee K.O.

• Civic Doodle

• Fibbage

Results are only viewable after voting.
I might be able to do Friday. It depends a lot on what I get done at home tonight. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

GasBandit

Staff member
Friday works if you don't mind that I stream it.
That seems kind of redundant, given that she has to stream it for us to play it, and you autohost her (unless you've stopped doing that).

Basically, unless you stream something else, you were going to stream it anyway :p

Dave

Staff member
I have a bunch of people on autohost. And it chooses randomly. So I'd have to physically host her, which is easy as pie. Would that really count as me streaming, though? I have a couple regulars that wouldn't be able to follow along unless I was streaming it as well. I know that's convoluted, but it is what it is.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have a bunch of people on autohost. And it chooses randomly. So I'd have to physically host her, which is easy as pie. Would that really count as me streaming, though? I have a couple regulars that wouldn't be able to follow along unless I was streaming it as well. I know that's convoluted, but it is what it is.
Hrm, I've got mine set up to prioritize based on the order of the list, and I make sure HFers are at the top of that list (I'm autohosting you pretty much every single time you are streaming, provided I'm not streaming myself :p)

I don't know if that "counts" as you streaming though.. it doesn't autonotify your followers when it happens, and it doesn't archive the stream to your past broadcasts. People would have to just.. kinda... be already tuned in to know it's gonna happen.

I have actual normal person work hours now and may be able to do this if you still have room, depending on the time for Friday, Saturday I should be free for much of it. I'm pdt.

So after playing through this with my kids, Split the Room and Mad Verse City would probably work, with Patently Stupid working best if everyone was willing to talk on Discord, but it's not 100% necessary. Zeeple Dome probably needs to be played local.

Some of us don't have working headphones with a mike. :(
A lot of normal headphones that people use with phones have mics build in, the sound quality is shit but they are cheap. (You can also connect to discord with your phone and talk that way, @Terrik used to do it all the time before he got eaten by dental school.)

GasBandit

Staff member
I have a spare $10 mic. I used to use it for ventrilo and making my youtube videos. If I had known Keltsy was bereft a microphone, I would have included it in my secret santa packages.

You used to though! What happened? We played Cards Against Humanity and you had a mic...
The one I used was Mr. Z's, and it doesn't work anymore. He kinda beats them up.

A lot of normal headphones that people use with phones have mics build in, the sound quality is shit but they are cheap. (You can also connect to discord with your phone and talk that way, @Terrik used to do it all the time before he got eaten by dental school.)
Since I never use one except when I'm playing games with you guys, I always forget to get a new one.

I'm going to preemptively push this back 30 min because I took my daughter shopping and we're not home yet. I'd rather not stress about getting back in time.

Thanks for the games all! Was a lot of fun and would love to do it again.

Sorry I was a bit quiet, throat has been bugging me today.

I am contemplating doing my next Jackbox night on Mixer instead of Twitch, because I hear that the delay is a lot lower. The only thing that *should* change is where you need to watch from.

So either I figured out a magic fix, or Comcast got their shit together in the last week (lol), but I think I have the low latency streaming set up for Mixer without it fucking up after 2 seconds. So if anyone would like to try it out this Saturday (11/17), let's do it. 9pm EST.

If you have a game preference, post here. I own all the Jackbox packs so we can play w/e.

I would like to test how well You Don't Know Jack works on Mixer. I was hesitant to try it on Twitch because of the delays, but Mixer had maybe a second of latency today when I was testing it so it might work. If anyone wants to try it with me tonight, let me know.

We have tested, and Mixer is definitely a better choice that Twitch, and completely viable for playing You Don't Know Jack. So that is an option.