Monitor Issues

My Problem is, that my monitor will turn black say "searching for signal" and then flicker and return to the desktop. This was a minor issue,till I bought GTA V. I launch it, the monitor will turn black und display the "searching for signal" message but if I Alt+Tab I easily return to the desktop.

Is this a sign that I have to buy a new Grapic Card or do I need a new HDMI cabel?

Sounds like either an overheating issue, causing your gpu to temporarily stop functioning, or a power issue, where your psu can't supply enough juice to the gpu. What are your temps at? Have you tried cleaning fans/reinstalling video drives/etc?

I had a similar issue with my computer. But its resolution was the power supply did not deliver enough power when the video card needed it.

Could be power.
Could also be that the game is trying to drive a resolution/refresh rate your monitor does not support.

--Patrick

So, little update.
I bought a new HDMI cable via Amazon. Everything is peachy. Maybe because my old HDMI cable was around 4 meters long, and the new one is 1m. No more flickering screens.

Thank you for the advice.

I tried this method first, since I have an 700W Corsair PSU and my GPU shouldnt have power issues.

Length might not have been the problem - could have been the internal wires - one of them going "bad" at a certain power level or something that GTA was forcing it to push through.

Length might not have been the problem - could have been the internal wires - one of them going "bad" at a certain power level or something that GTA was forcing it to push through.
I had it happen once with length from my PS3 years ago. I took it to a friend's place and the only HDMI cable they had was something approaching that length. Would flicker and have problems at 1080p, but be OK at 720p. So quality of cable has an effect. It was a first for me with HDMI, but I will say this friend's cable was pretty "marginal" as well. So just a double-bad of length and cable quality (lack thereof) interacting.

Now not $200 worth of effect or some of those insanity things, but the "good enough" threshold can occasionally not be met correctly by the off-off-off-brand cables.