Might be moving to Indy

This is a BIG maybe. But if it happens, it'll happen fast, so I'd rather have my ducks in a row.

I might be moving to Indianapolis. If so, are there any forumites near the area?

Oh dear God NO. They don't call it "India-No-Place" for nothing.

Once upon a time I used to live about 4 1/2 hours from downtown Indy, but I think I only drove through downtown once because we had to, since the I-465 bypass was under construction. (Fun fact: Interstate 65 in Indiana is pretty much required to have at least 10 miles of its length be under construction at all times, from Gary to Louisville. You come to realize this when it's your only major thoroughfare between Wisconsin and Tennessee.)

You might have a bunch of "friends" around the last week or two of May on a regular basis, but other than that...

Indy is a bust. They came back and lowered their rate by $50,000 a year--likely after they did a cost of living comparison between here and there. I said no thanks.

Even if i could live off of the lower wage (which I could), I'm not working for a company that'll bait and switch you like that.