[NFL] Michael Sam, SEC co-defensive player of the year and All American, comes out as gay before NFL Draft

I follow the Alouettes closely, he just didn't have it.
He was a defeated man by the time he came here.
But ultimately, I think he was a bust. These things happen.

As per our GM :

He wanted to go home, and that's what he did. I don't know why. When a guy wants to go home, they go home. He had some personal things to take care of.
I wouldn't be surprised if he returns. I'm surprised he left. I was very surprised. If he doesn't come back, I would think football's over for him. He's the one that has to face that. But I don't think he doesn't want to play football. That's why he came here.

[DOUBLEPOST=1439742097,1439741992][/DOUBLEPOST]A beat writer for the team :

I've said in the past that Sam was discriminated against in the NFL. That isn't the case in Montreal. It has treated him extremely well, and the locker room hasn't been particularly pernicious, I'm told by a source close to Sam. It's a franchise that wanted him, with a long history of inclusion and a GM who genuinely believes he can be a force in the pass-happy league. It is a different country and type of game, but it's set up for him to do well.

I feel bad for him. He had a rough upbringing, his father disowned him after he came out, and him and his fiance broke up. He's clearly got a lot of issues going on with his life that he needs to work out.